Windows 10: Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

Discus and support Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I access File History from Control Panel, click Advanced settings, click Clean up versions, choose an option under Delete Files and click Clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PilotRain942054, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

When I access File History from Control Panel, click Advanced settings, click Clean up versions, choose an option under Delete Files and click Clean up, all I get is:

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data a16b2905-0c14-4fea-b848-c6e4777f3254?upload=true.png

Does anybody else experience this problem? I'm on Windows 10 Insider Preview 20H1, build 19041.

:)

PilotRain942054, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
  3. #Jon# Win User
    File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

Delta6326, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

1. Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data - Similar Threads - clean File History

2. Could not enable file history.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not enable file history.: I keep getting the message Could not enable file history. I can not use the file history for backup of my files. As a result I save my files by coping each file manually. How does one enable a file to be used by file history?...
  3. Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 Pro File History with a WD My Cloud network attached storage. A recent WIN10 update broke the network connection with my storage, so for last couple of months I used a USB hard drive connected directly to my PC for File History backup...
  4. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  5. Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up.": I have been faithfully backing up my hard drive every two weeks using the Windows 10 File History utility. Usually I see under Backup Options a message like "Your last backup was XX/XX/XXXX." But tonight I am seeing "Your data is not yet backed up." When I go to "Restore...
  6. File history not backing up all files.

File history not backing up all files.: I just purchased a new SSD and reinstalled windows using the MS media creation tool. It installed the latest Windows 10 Pro 1809 I installed many apps and games. I decided to run File History as previous backups have failed miserably. I check my game folder in appdata...
  7. File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...

File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...: File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is disabled or no enabled devices associated with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-could-not-enable-file-history-this/2ab32c9c-72d5-4004-bef9-f31911520d43
  8. Could someone clean up these PNG's for me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could someone clean up these PNG's for me?: Hey folks, I really hate cleaning these up..*Redface Could one of you be so kind to clean them up and make them look a little nicer for me? Attachment 9072Attachment 9073Attachment 9074Attachment 9075 -Chuck 3135
  9. Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically: I've had Windows 10 file history enabled since i got Windows 10 on release. It backs up every hour and has been working fine for over a year. A few days ago i went to restore a file and noticed that the file was not in the backup. I checked my backup, and noticed that...
  10. File History not backing up Pictures

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History not backing up Pictures: Hi all - hoping you can help. I'm using File History on Windows 10 to back up my files on an external HDD. But it doesn't seem to be backing up my pictures even when I specifically add the pictures folder as something to be backed up. I did the first back up on this new PC...