Windows 10: Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

Discus and support Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I access File History from Control Panel, click Advanced settings, click Clean up versions, choose an option under Delete Files and click Clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PilotRain942054, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

When I access File History from Control Panel, click Advanced settings, click Clean up versions, choose an option under Delete Files and click Clean up, all I get is:

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data a16b2905-0c14-4fea-b848-c6e4777f3254?upload=true.png

Does anybody else experience this problem? I'm on Windows 10 Insider Preview 20H1, build 19041.

:)

PilotRain942054, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
  3. #Jon# Win User
    File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

Delta6326, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data

1. Windows 10: Could not clean up File History data - Similar Threads - clean File History

2. Could not clean up file history data. Element not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not clean up file history data. Element not found.: Hi, I'm trying to clear my file history, but I keep getting this frustrating error. I don't know what is causing it; and it doesn't seem to have any error code or error log file, making it very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. I have tried everything to fix it. I have...
  3. Could not clean up file history data. Element not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not clean up file history data. Element not found.: Hi, I'm trying to clear my file history, but I keep getting this frustrating error. I don't know what is causing it; and it doesn't seem to have any error code or error log file, making it very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. I have tried everything to fix it. I have...
  4. Could not clean up file history data. Element not found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FileHistory Cleanup Could ot clean up File History data SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FileHistory Cleanup Could ot clean up File History data SOLUTION!: Hello all,I have been looking for an answer to this issue... for a long time. And I believe I have found the solution to this issue. I've been on numerous sites that all refer you to use other backup software.Here's the issue: When you look at your files in PowerShell doing a...
  6. FileHistory Cleanup Could ot clean up File History data SOLUTION!

FileHistory Cleanup Could ot clean up File History data SOLUTION!: Hello all,I have been looking for an answer to this issue... for a long time. And I believe I have found the solution to this issue. I've been on numerous sites that all refer you to use other backup software.Here's the issue: When you look at your files in PowerShell doing a...
  7. FileHistory Cleanup Could ot clean up File History data SOLUTION!

8. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  9. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  10. "Could not reassociate with File History data"

"Could not reassociate with File History data": My backup scenario includes File History and two USB sticks that I alternate weekly. Today when I try to use the other USB, this error message appears:Could not reassociate with File History dataThe service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has...