Windows 10: Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed

Discus and support Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone else experienced the following? My Windows 7 was updating to Windows 10. When it appeared to almost be done configuring a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sledge, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sledge Win User

Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed

Has anyone else experienced the following?

My Windows 7 was updating to Windows 10. When it appeared to almost be done configuring a message appeared stating the Windows 10 could not be installed and it was restoring the previous version of Windows.

Well that did not work. The pc will not boot up now. Instead I get: "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please reinstall a copy of the above file"*Mad

I hope I can add the file using the win7 dvd. I know I was getting low on hard drive space, but had cleared enough to have 4 gig or so free. It was either not mentioned anywhere or I missed how much hd space would be needed. Of course I am assuming that the install bombed due to this?

:)

Sledge, Aug 7, 2015

2. Can I revert back to Windows 7 later than 30 days after Upgrading to Windows 10?

If I decided that Windows 10 was not for me, right now - but probably would be later.

Say because I had problems that I could not overcome myself and I failed to get help etc.

• Will Microsoft allow me to revert back to Windows 7 or 8 even after the 30 days of grace stated?
    • If after reverting back to Windows 7 or 8, can I re-upgrade to Windows 10 before 29th July 2016?
    • Would I have to re-reserve my copy of Windows 10 and use the update/DVD/USB install?
    Thanks,

Davy-Delliott, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 install error

hello there.

after trying to install Windows 10 through windows media creation tool on Windows 7, computer restarted, and was upgrading. it gets to copying files 65% then restarts. It than says reverting back to previous version of Windows. In Windows 7 after reverting
    back, a box came up saying "0x8007002C-0x2000D the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". What's going on here?

Thank you.

Lewis12642, Aug 7, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

System Requirements for Win 10 (According to MS)

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
    Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
    Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
    Display: 800x600

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed - Similar Threads - install revert failed

2. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  3. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  4. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reverting back to Windows 7 Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverting back to Windows 7 Issue: [ATTACH] SO... I was following instructions from the net and I always am stuck in the point whereupon clicking the "Go back to Windows 7" option, it always asks me to remove all accounts associated with my upgrade. I have tried creating a new admin account and deleted the...
  6. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7: For some reason my computer reverted back to Windows 7 from Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2020, and my system had been working fine until now. The only changes I've made to my system was to the latest Windows 10 updated a few days ago which required a reboot...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Reverting Back to Windows 7??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Reverting Back to Windows 7??: Win 7 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Pro These were upgraded months ago. I upgraded a dozens of desktops from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. This was months ago. All upgraded with no issues except a errant printer or a mapped drive connection. This morning it was reported to me...
  8. Revert back to windows 7 from 10

Revert back to windows 7 from 10: How do I get windows 7 back on my computer. I installed windows 10 but do not like it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-back-to-windows-7-from-10/3493d33b-0f5e-40ab-a77e-fe7e1fd18068
  9. Failed Reverting Back to 7

Failed Reverting Back to 7: My father hit yes to upgrad his HP Probook 6407b from Windows 7 to Win 10. He did not realize what he was saying yes to. He brought it to me before it finsihed. I got into win 10, but then had issues with HP security software at boot. It would hang at boot, say something...
  10. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...