Windows 10: "Windows 10 couldn't be installed"

Discus and support "Windows 10 couldn't be installed" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been receiving the following error notification for the past couple of weeks, in Windows 10: "Windows can't be installed because this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jivums, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jivums Win User

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed"

Hi,

I have been receiving the following error notification for the past couple of weeks, in Windows 10:

"Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware."

I've been putting off resolving it, in fear it would require reformatting my OS's hard drive, but I heard there's a way to resolve this issue, without data loss.

I have Windows 10 Home installed to a 500GB SSD.

Can someone provide me with some help on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

:)

Jivums, Dec 7, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 7, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. "Windows 10 couldn't be installed" - Similar Threads - couldn't installed

2. Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.: Anyone getting this? Have tried re-signing in but no dice. 123515
  3. Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.: Anyone getting this? Have tried re-signing in but no dice. 123515
  4. Something happened and we couldn't install a feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something happened and we couldn't install a feature: hi, something happened as below, how can I fix this issue or stop the updating. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-we-couldnt-install-a/8af38ea0-84d2-4b3e-adf0-ce32cda2d543
  5. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 Updates won't install

We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 Updates won't install: I have run a partition utility to increase the system reserved partition size and it still won't let me update the latest updates with the same error about reserved partition. I have run all the suggestions here:...
  6. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.: I keep getting this message while trying to add Japanese input support. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature. Please tap to get more information. Tapping it only takes me to the list of installed optional features. Some people reported this problem caused...
  7. Quantum Break couldn't install despite of enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quantum Break couldn't install despite of enough disk space: I purchased Quantum Break in store today and I have a problem downloading. It says I don't have enough disk space. But my disk E (my download directory) has enough room to download this game. 42.3GB required but I got 47.3GB free space. I retried thousand times but still not...
  8. Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives...": Why is this SSD not showing in the "Where do you want to install Windows" area of setup? 116230
  9. 0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4: I can download anything else from microsoft store, but xbox games pass games stopped working after I reinstalled windows three days ago I can press retry and it downloads a little for about 20 seconds then does it again, so maybe if I sat here all day and kept clicking it...
  10. Something happened and we couldn't install a feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something happened and we couldn't install a feature: Hi, I don't know if this is a bug or designed to be bad?! I just wanna add another keyboard layout but this new setting app is pain in the ass. So I add language in settings and than pop up start like every 5 min saying "Something happened and we couldn't install a...