Windows 10: Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage

Discus and support Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a good machine Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series. 8 GB ram, Core i7, 7th Gen. I has been 2 to 3 days, windows has kind of blocked the its usage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tahir AbbasJauhar, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage

I have a good machine Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series. 8 GB ram, Core i7, 7th Gen.

I has been 2 to 3 days, windows has kind of blocked the its usage. The problems I am encountering are:

100% CPU more than 50% RAM and almost 100% Disk usage all the time. There is some time after keeping the pc on for several hours when i am able to use it but for a few minutes.

Taskbar is freezing and windows explorer restarting helps. Please guidr I have tried reseting but it doesn't work. Please guide.

:)

Tahir AbbasJauhar, Aug 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 High CPU/MEMORY/DISK USAGE

Hi,

To resolve the issue regarding high Disk and CPU usage, we suggest you modifying the registry by following the steps below:

Registry disclaimer Important:

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the
    registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the link below:

How to backup and restore the registry in Windows

Step 1:

Hit Windows Key + R Type in regedit and then hit Enter.

Step 2:

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management in the editor.

Step 3:

Find ClearPageFileAtShutDown and change its value to 1.

Step 4:

Restart the computer.

You may also try to tap or click the Notification Center icon in the Windows 10 system tray and tap or click All Settings.

Tap or click the System icon (for display, notification, apps, power – and other things).

Go to Notifications & Actions and deselect the "Show me tips about Windows" option.

Your CPU utilization should be back to normal.

Try to perform as well a Windows Update, you may be missing some important updates that can help stabilize your high CPU and Disk usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage

Windows 10 high CPU, Memory and disk usage

Hi Stuart,

In most cases, outdated drivers are the most probable reasons for this issue for high CPU, memory, and disk usage. Also, running a program that requires a high memory also results in this kind of issue. For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us
    the information we need below:

• Have you checked if there are any pending updates for Windows 10?
    • Have you checked what program is causing the issue?
    • Have you checked if you have any outdated drivers?

We would suggest disabling third-party antivirus programs (if you're using any) as they are known to cause issues in downloading and installing updates.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage

1. Windows 10 CPU/Memory and Disk usage - Similar Threads - CPU Memory Disk

2. Windows Update high CPU, Disk, Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update high CPU, Disk, Memory usage: [IMG]If the Task Manager indicates that your Windows Update process is consuming a high CPU, Disk, Memory or Power on Windows 11/10, then this post will be able to help you address the issue. This can happen if the Windows Update cache or its components have been corrupted....
  3. 100% disk memory and cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% disk memory and cpu usage?: Sometimes when i try to get on my computer and play a game i keep getting 100% disk memory and memory usage and i always have to restart my computer to make it stop but im getting annoyed since its happening a lot more, i have ran malwarebytes for viruses but there are none i...
  4. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  5. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  6. High CPU Memory and Disk usage, and frequent BSOD

High CPU Memory and Disk usage, and frequent BSOD: Ive got an 3 year old PC that has recently become practically unusable because it randomly freezes or gives me blue screens and i have no idea what the problem is. The main symptom I see is high CPU, memory and disk usage mainly from the system services Antimalware Service...
  7. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  8. WINDOWS 10 . HIGH CPU, MEMORY AND DISK USAGE

WINDOWS 10 . HIGH CPU, MEMORY AND DISK USAGE: Suddenly I'm having the concerning issue of all programs and processes I run Utilizing absurd amounts of my resources. Having Google Chrome alone open can use up to 60% of my memory, 8-40% CPU and 50% disk space. Opening Minecraft and other games can utilize 100% disk space...
  9. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  10. memory and cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory and cpu usage.: What is the normal Memory and Cpu Usage percentage for my laptop. my processor is Intel i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPus), ~2.4Ghz and my RAM is 8.00GB 18275