Windows 10: Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.

Discus and support Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Every 5-10 minutes my laptop’s CPU maxes out at 15%, and seems to me like throttling even though I have turned off all throttling things and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LucasJay, Jan 4, 2019.

1. LucasJay Win User

Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.

Hello,
    Every 5-10 minutes my laptop’s CPU maxes out at 15%, and seems to me like throttling even though I have turned off all throttling things and is on high performance mode. After the throttling stops my CPU goes to 100% for a bit then settles to 60% then repeats. No matter what I’m doing.

please help! I have pictures of it doing this

:)

LucasJay, Jan 4, 2019
  2. mhp0011 Win User

Win10 CPU Throttling

Win10 appears to throttle the CPU down when it gets too hot. This is probably a good thing (I figure it prevents the CPU from melting down). It seems, though, that Win10 doesn't seem to recognize when the CPU has cooled back down, so the CPU remains in
    a throttled-down mode indefinitely. I haven't figured out a way to reliably get Win10 to reset the throttling. As a work around, I have downloaded ThrottleStop which allows me to override Win10's behavior. Of course, I now have to manually watch the temperature
    to ensure that the CPU doesn't overhead, but it's better than having an unusable CPU. Is anyone aware of a solution to reset Win10 throttling so that I don't have to use a third-party product to do it? Better yet, has Microsoft acknowledged the issue and
    provided any guidance on when this issue might be corrected?

In case it matters, I am using a Dell Laptop E6410 with an Intel Core i7 M 640 CPU.

mhp0011, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Win10 CPU Throttling

You should be monitoring temperatures anyway

I have not noticed any weird throttling

I use ssd's and a high performance power plan with the proper ventilation and cpu cooler melting a cpu is not likely going to happen Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly. :)

Your computer would shut down before that would happen

Of course stock cooling from manufactures especially laptops all bite Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly. :)

ThrashZone, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly. - Similar Threads - CPU “throttles” 15%

2. Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle: I've had an issue with my CPU being throttled since the Windows update around mid January.My PC is pretty new, built it mid December.Everything worked fine until I updated my Windows. I noticed my CPU clock was being capped at 0.37ghz. After turning off thermal throttling in...
  3. Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle: I've had an issue with my CPU being throttled since the Windows update around mid January.My PC is pretty new, built it mid December.Everything worked fine until I updated my Windows. I noticed my CPU clock was being capped at 0.37ghz. After turning off thermal throttling in...
  4. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  5. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  6. CPU throttling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU throttling: I recently purchased a used HP Stream 14-ax010wm and did a clean win10 install. The issue is that the processor only runs at a maximum 30% .48ghz. When I start in safe mode it's functioning how it's supposed to. I've tried setting minimum cpu usage, disabled low power...
  7. Inspiron 15 3000 cpu throttling

Inspiron 15 3000 cpu throttling: My inspiron has been having so many problems lately. But when i want to record a video the audio is all choppy and popping i wanted to find out why so i i downloaded latencymon and its saying that my cpu could possibly be throttling and i need help on how to fix this cpu...
  8. windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu

windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu: Is there any way to stop windows 10 throttling down down clocking an AMD A10 cpu on a lenovo ideapad laptop perhaps windows cannot control the fan speed and resorts to passive cooling i.e. down clocking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power DWORD 32-bit...
  9. Prevent Cpu throttle on Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent Cpu throttle on Battery: Hello, I recently upgraded my Laptop by adding an SSD with windows 10 pro. Now I noticed the computer throttles the cpu frequency whenever I'm on battery even on high performance profile. (In task manager I can see cpu frequency instantly dropping from 2.3-2.5 to 1.2 GHz as...
  10. Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.: Hello, Every 5-10 minutes my laptop’s CPU maxes out at 15%, and seems to me like throttling even though I have turned off all throttling things and is on high performance mode. After the throttling stops my CPU goes to 100% for a bit then settles to 60% then repeats. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu at 15%