Windows 10: Windows 10 crash after October update

Discus and support Windows 10 crash after October update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 crashed after October update. Possible conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. System restore, factory reset nothing is working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Suvendra ChandraDas Gupta, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 crash after October update

Windows 10 crashed after October update. Possible conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. System restore, factory reset nothing is working. Retrieving files from command prompt. Looks like a clean install is the only way out. My question is, my laptop came preinstalled with Win 8.1 whic I upgraded to Win 10. Now if I clean install Win 10 will it get activated automatically considering I started at 8.1. Incidentally I ran the following command at command prompt

C:\Windows\System32>wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

and received an error message. I have a bootable usb with Win 10 April 18 update in hand prepared from iso file downloaded from microsoft.

:)

Suvendra ChandraDas Gupta, Oct 21, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 21, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 crash after October update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crash after October update

1. Windows 10 crash after October update - Similar Threads - crash October update

2. No audio after Window 10 update October 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after Window 10 update October 2021: Since yesterday I have updates to my window 10, but every time I update there is a new error, it is like a new update, it means I got a new error, I am very disappointed with window 10 after updating my window 10, there is no audio, please help...
  3. No audio after Window 10 update October 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after Window 10 update October 2021: Since yesterday I have updates to my window 10, but every time I update there is a new error, it is like a new update, it means I got a new error, I am very disappointed with window 10 after updating my window 10, there is no audio, please help...
  4. No audio after Window 10 update October 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Frequent crashes and Restarts after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes and Restarts after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019: My desktop is frequently crashing restarting after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019. I get a blue screen message: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you. For more information on...
  6. Game lag after the windows 10 October Update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag after the windows 10 October Update!: So, I went to install the update before it got released in the win10 update, created a media tool (Pendrive), and upgraded 2 PCs. After upgrading one of my pc (The Higher End one, actually made for gaming) started to give off issues, sound became terrible! (I have dolby) And...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update: Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an...
  8. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...
  9. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  10. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...