Windows 10: Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...

Discus and support Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gengar95, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Gengar95 Win User

Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...

Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows Recovery USB and it’s just the Windows Logo and then a black screen again.

I’m at a complete loss. One thing not being able access my OS but I can’t even access a recovery disk! How do I fix this? Thanks.

:)

Gengar95, Oct 5, 2018

2. My HP laptop is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair has been for many hours

Hello Sarah,

I'd like to verify if you're computer is still stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair state. If not, I'd suggest to perform the steps below:

1. Force shutdown your laptop, check first if your computer will boot normally. If not, after your computer restarts several times. you'll see the Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

3. Choose Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below and press Enter the after each line:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Win 10 stuck at preparing automatic repair

Hi,

This issue can be caused by system files corruption.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do you have an installation media for Windows 10 (DVD or USB)?

In the meantime, try performing the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Nyima Yonten
    on this
    thread
    which was found similar and helpful in resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...

Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

Dell Inspiron 1750 stuck on preparing automatic repair.running windows 10.

johndoe862, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...

1. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic... - Similar Threads - crash forcing power

2. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  3. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  4. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Stuck in Preparing Automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Stuck in Preparing Automatic repair.: PC starts up normally, then freezes during normal startup and turns off and then enters “preparing automatic repair” and gets stuck looping forever.I’ve tried f8 and f12 during startup. I cant get to the troubleshoot screen at all.I’ve tried hard power off, remove battery/ac...
  6. pc stuck on preparing automatic repair WINDOWS 10

pc stuck on preparing automatic repair WINDOWS 10: hi i need help with my pc and I’m not familiar with how the pc worksbut here’s my problem i turned on my computer as usual and tried to play a game and it won’t let me it say’s something like an error occur like that. I tried to reset my pc and after i restarted it the...
  7. pc stuck on preparing automatic repair WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc stuck on preparing automatic repair WINDOWS 10: hi i need help with my pc and I’m not familiar with how the pc worksbut here’s my problem i turned on my computer as usual and tried to play a game and it won’t let me it say’s something like an error occur like that. I tried to reset my pc and after i restarted it the...
  8. pc stuck on preparing automatic repair WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 PC Stuck Preparing Automatic Repair.

Windows 10 PC Stuck Preparing Automatic Repair.: My Windows 10 PC is stuck in an "automatic repair preparation" cycle. I have not updated or added any hardware. The PC stopped responding the other day so I turned it off. Initially I was able to do a hard reset and get into the blue screen, but now no matter how many times I...
  10. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!: Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows Recovery USB and it’s just the Windows Logo and then a black screen again. I’m at a complete loss. One thing not being...