Windows 10: Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!

Discus and support Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ExplicitG, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ExplicitG Win User

Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!

Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows Recovery USB and it’s just the Windows Logo and then a black screen again.

I’m at a complete loss. One thing not being able access my OS but I can’t even access a recovery disk! How do I fix this? Thanks.

:)

ExplicitG, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Can you force an N80 to power of in a crashed state?

Is there a method to shut down or reboot an N80 when it has crashed without having to removing the battery?

I could force a shutdown on my old SE p800 by holding down the power key for 10 seconds and it would power down regardless of sw state. (the same as holding down the power button on a PC to force a power off).

nickwells---01, Oct 6, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! - Similar Threads - crash forcing power

2. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  3. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  4. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  6. Power Off/On/Crashes

Power Off/On/Crashes: Good day folks. Please how do l resolve this issue of error code : Kernel - Power error 41 63? I have used SFC it was able to repair some corrupt files. After this PROCESS, I used Deployment Image service & management tool, DISM and it found no integrity issues. Please what...
  7. Windows 10 forces me to turn on power on TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 forces me to turn on power on TV: I have a weird thing going on when turning on my Windows 10 computer. My Computer RTX 3080 is connected to a normal monitor Acer X34 with displayport and also connected to my livingroom TV LGOLED65C1 with an HDMI cable. My Acer x34 is set to default and everything works fine...
  8. Windows 10 forces me to turn on power on TV

Windows 10 forces me to turn on power on TV: I have a weird thing going on when turning on my Windows 10 computer. My Computer RTX 3080 is connected to a normal monitor Acer X34 with displayport and also connected to my livingroom TV LGOLED65C1 with an HDMI cable. My Acer x34 is set to default and everything works fine...
  9. Windows 10 forces me to turn on power on TV

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it! Stuck on "Preparing Automatic...: Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows Recovery USB and it’s just the Windows Logo and then a black screen again. I’m at a complete loss. One thing not being...