Windows 10: Windows 10 crash when playing video games

Discus and support Windows 10 crash when playing video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help with my computer because this is the second time this has occurred within this week but the first time crashing the computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SangYu2, Aug 8, 2019.

1. SangYu2 Win User

Windows 10 crash when playing video games

Hello, I need some help with my computer because this is the second time this has occurred within this week but the first time crashing the computer. I mostly use my computer for gaming and surfing the internet. A few days ago, while I was playing my game, the game suddenly became very laggy and my FPS dropped to almost nothing. I alt tabbed to try to bring up the task manager to close the game and restart it but I noticed that it wasn't just the game. The computer froze for like 5 seconds, and resumed working for 2 seconds, and this cycle kept repeating itself for good 5 minutes. The music on the background sounded like a blue screen crash where it keeps repeating the last sound over and over again during the freeze. After it stopped, I tried to see if my graphics card driver was up to date because on my old computer, that's what was causing my computer to freeze and ultimately blue screen but it was up to date.

Today, while I was playing a different game, it did the same thing except it didn't persist for 5 minutes. After 1 minute, it just shut itself off but still repeating the loop of freezing for 5-10 seconds and not freezing for very brief period of time(not enough to bring up task manager or to even try to close out my game). I wasn't greeted with a blue screen, my computer just restarted itself. I'm afraid that this could continue and I'd like to fix this asap! I checked the computer temperature as soon as the computer restarted via speccy and motherboard temperature was hovering 38-41c and gpu was around 40-44c so i don't think my hardware was overheating but since i don't know much about it, it is possible that the temperature can drop that quick.

:)

SangYu2, Aug 8, 2019

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 8, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Windows 10 crash when playing video games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crash when playing video games - Similar Threads - crash playing video

2. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  3. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  4. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 11 crashing when watching videos online/play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 crashing when watching videos online/play games: It crashes the entire system and restart when I'm watching videos online or play certain games. I already updated bios and graphic card drivers.Here is the minidump file, thank you!112523-12875-01.dmp...
  6. windows 11 crashing when watching videos online/play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 crashing when watching videos online/play games: It crashes the entire system and restart when I'm watching videos online or play certain games. I already updated bios and graphic card drivers.Here is the minidump file, thank you!112523-12875-01.dmp...
  7. Windows 10 crashes when playing a game

Windows 10 crashes when playing a game: When playing a game I randomly will get a full system reset. Bellow is the Event viewer for a fatal hardware error at about the same time. I have no idea what to do with this and this issue has been an annoyance. If anyone can parse this it would be much appreciated. Log...
  8. blue crash screens when playing Video games

blue crash screens when playing Video games: I've starting having a lot of crashes when playing games on my system, it started out as just a crash with no errors reported by the game launcher. But now they are crashing and causing blue screens to occur. I've done a lot of basic trouble shoot, making sure drivers and my...
  9. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos: Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays videos online fine. It can even play some videos on my pc fine as long as itunes can open them. But if I use windows players...
  10. Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games

Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games: About 6 months or so ago i started having blue screens after months of trying to find out what was wrong i reinstalled windows and installed minimal programs unfortunately i neglected to save the old dumps so these are the only new ones i have I'm trying to make more for more...