Windows 10: Windows 10 crashed after update and is now unbootable

Discus and support Windows 10 crashed after update and is now unbootable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A 32-bit Windows 10 1803 installation crashed yesterday afternoon, apparently when an update went awry. Afterwards, attempting to boot results in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Katanga, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Katanga Win User

Windows 10 crashed after update and is now unbootable

A 32-bit Windows 10 1803 installation crashed yesterday afternoon, apparently when an update went awry. Afterwards, attempting to boot results in an Automatic Repair which always fails. I used a recovery command prompt to chkdsk /r /x, which found some corrupted files, and sfc /scannow, which found no problems. Still, it won't boot.

I have tried using restore points from the recovery console command prompt, to no avail. (The restore point fails when restoring the registry, with an error code of 0x80070002.)

Is there any other recourse short of reinstallation? Is Windows 10 really this fragile that a single update can render it unusable?

:)

Katanga, Oct 4, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Bug Report: Windows 10 rollback to Windows 7 crashes system, renders drive unbootable.

Hello Sam,

I realize that the rollback to previous Windows did not work from Windows 10 to Windows 7. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Did you get any error messages when the roll back stopped?
    • Is the operating system unbootable?
    • When was the Windows 10 upgraded?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashed after update and is now unbootable - Similar Threads - crashed update unbootable

2. why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??: After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-fall-update-2018-for-windows-10-and-now/a6f8b1db-40f3-4044-be81-0c78564210f0
  3. Windows 10 crash after October update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crash after October update: Windows 10 crashed after October update. Possible conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. System restore, factory reset nothing is working. Retrieving files from command prompt. Looks like a clean install is the only way out. My question is, my laptop came...
  4. New Windows Update makes my hard drive unbootable

New Windows Update makes my hard drive unbootable: My laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7559) using Windows 10 keeps trying to install the update: 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) The installation never finishes, but then tries to roll back the changes, restarts, and then BIOS...
  5. Windows 10 Insider, crash after update

Windows 10 Insider, crash after update: Once again, 10 has crashed on me . Ran an update, asked to restart, wouldn't load. Can't even get safe mode to load. Attempts to "auto-fix", doesn't work . I really don't want to start from scratch again . Any ideas ?...
  6. Excel crash after update

Excel crash after update: After last updates the Excel crashes when try to edit cells. Now there is Win 10 Mobile version 1709, OS build 10.0.16352.50016 and Excel 16002.10717.20001.0...
  7. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...
  8. Excel crashes after update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel crashes after update: Hi, My PC recently did an automatic update or something similar and now Excel crashes suddenly if I edit certain cells on spreadsheets. I have tried creating new spreadsheets thinking maybe the old ones were corrupted but same thing. I feel its related to the update. This...
  9. Chrome crashing after update to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome crashing after update to win 10: Hello I recently updated my laptop to win 10 and i had to stop using chrome because it crashes. i tried to re-install it and it didnt help when i open any kind of video on chrome and play it on full screen it crashes and i cant open chrome for some amount of time. it sais...
  10. getting crashes after a windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting crashes after a windows update: Yesterday I let windows update itself. Update name is "Feature update to windows 10 version 1607". I am pretty sure crashes are duo to this update. I tried to remove/uninstall this update but I can't find this update in "list of installed updates". So pls help me with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1809 not finding update after crash