Windows 10: windows 10 crashed just did a total reinstall 2 months ago??

Discus and support windows 10 crashed just did a total reinstall 2 months ago?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have a Samsung all-in-one. Windows 10 got so bogged down I did a complete reinstall about 2 months ago. The auto repair didn't work. Error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marrdrm, May 23, 2019.

1. marrdrm Win User

windows 10 crashed just did a total reinstall 2 months ago??

Have a Samsung all-in-one. Windows 10 got so bogged down I did a complete reinstall about 2 months ago. The auto repair didn't work. Error code 0xc00000fand 0xc0000185. created usb tool. nothing works

:)

marrdrm, May 23, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! windows 10 crashed  just did a total reinstall 2 months ago?? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 23, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 23, 2019
  4. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 crashed just did a total reinstall 2 months ago?? - Similar Threads - crashed did total

2. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago: Windows Update now wants to reinstall KB5027538 a .NET update which I had installed a few weeks ago. A few days ago I had installed a "preview" .NET update KB5011048. What is going on? Which one is correct?JohnD...
  3. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  4. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  5. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  6. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  7. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Forced update just restored my harddrive to 9 months ago...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced update just restored my harddrive to 9 months ago...: Was forced to update windows. I left it alone to update. I come back and my computer is reset back to august of 2020. I'm missing so much shit. I tried looking at PC recovery but it won't let me. I have no idea how I would go about recovering all of my data... or if windows...
  9. Month old pc, just recently started crashing and did a new windows install, still crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Month old pc, just recently started crashing and did a new windows install, still crashing.: heres the link for my .dmp files https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2m7STVSVbRhiuppXHlY5BdB37g?e=fOpVvp pc specs https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/dYTfdD gpu is a used evga 1080ti sc i build the pc around early december and it didn't had any problem. around late december early...
  10. Downloading a purchase from 10 months ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading a purchase from 10 months ago.: I redeemed my code for Minecraft Windows 10 in February this year. I have since deleted it, and now wish to re download it. And so, I click "Install". [ATTACH]However, when I do, I get the following error message. [ATTACH]Does anyone know a fix for this? Refreshing the page...