Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashed

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had Tech Preview build 9926 installed on a SSD which was extra so I can pop it in to use preview or pop Windows 7 SSD in. Well Sunday I was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlbuckeye, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Crashed

I had Tech Preview build 9926 installed on a SSD which was extra so I can pop it in to use preview or pop Windows 7 SSD in. Well Sunday I was working and it locked up and when I restarted up it was like it couldn't find the OS. I did a repair yesterday and it's back up running. I had to install all the desktop apps again and the Metro apps were listed as owned and I had to install.

One thing that resulted is my screen display was real dim before and now the brightness I like was restored. It did 2 sets of updates before complete as I did install with the build 9926 ISO. I re-installed most of my apps and its working fine.

:)

orlbuckeye, Feb 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Feb 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Feb 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Crashed

Also after repair i get responce from Cortana but no voice.

orlbuckeye, Feb 23, 2015
  5. I connected a second monitor to my system which works great with Windows 8.1 but when I booted into Windows 10 9926 it started off fine, with both monitors running properly with an extended desktop. Then Windows 10 downloaded and tried to install new drivers for the Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia Geforce. The install program ran into a problem, it gathered some information and then needed to reboot. After the reboot I was left with a black screen with a blinking cursor. It sort of reminded me of a DOS program waiting for input. I tried the usual stuff but not even the Vulcan death grip worked. *Shock

Not quite sure what to do now, do I format the Windows 10 drive or is there a way to get past the blinking cursor?

Ak

alkaufmann, Feb 23, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    Just FYI, I've spent weeks troubleshooting black screen issues without success.
    Now, at work, we try System Restore (and hardware diagnostics) - and if that doesn't work, we wipe the system

Recently we've had some luck with Refreshing the system also - so you may want to try that.
    You'll have to get to the Startup Repair screen in order to try all of these - are you able to do that?
    What if you force a reboot 3 times?

usasma, Feb 24, 2015
  7. I turned off the extra monitor and I was able to boot into Windows 10, very very slowly. When it was done booting I did not have any desktop icons. I tried the first repair option in settings but the system ran onto problems again, saved information somewhere online and then did a reboot. I stopped things there.

I think I will format the drive and do another clean install of Windows 10 without the second monitor, I know that works. Maybe I will just wait for the next build. *Wink

alkaufmann, Feb 24, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Crashed

When In did my first and second w 10 clean installs on this PC ( it's fixed now driver issues ☺) I just had the primary screen hooked up and added the second screen later. I've always done that when installing an OS works for me ☺

Oh.... AFAIK the Windows 10 bootable installer DVD or USB will format the drive or drive partition automatically on a clean or custom install before it installs the OS I belive it did that on my second install for sure . I don't recall deleting the partition and it re making it ,it took a while but nothing extraordinary .

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashed

1. Windows 10 Crashed - Similar Threads - Crashed

2. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  3. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  4. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game crashing when running together with a browser

Game crashing when running together with a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  6. Pc keeps crashing due to a bug scan Pasting minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps crashing due to a bug scan Pasting minidump: Its been crashing repeatedly for a while and just need to know what the problem is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-crashing-due-to-a-bug-scan-pasting/93c14882-1c3f-40b1-8d10-24e6093ec899
  7. Pc keeps crashing due to a bug scan Pasting minidump

Pc keeps crashing due to a bug scan Pasting minidump: Its been crashing repeatedly for a while and just need to know what the problem is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-crashing-due-to-a-bug-scan-pasting/93c14882-1c3f-40b1-8d10-24e6093ec899
  8. Pc keeps crashing due to a bug scan Pasting minidump

9. Forza Motorsport Intro Crash: Seeking Solutions Beyond Troubleshooting Guides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport Intro Crash: Seeking Solutions Beyond Troubleshooting Guides: I purchased the Xbox Game Pass for PC and downloaded Forza Motorsport along with other titles like Deep Rock Galactic.However, every time I try to launch Forza Motorsport, it crashes during the intro with the same error message listed in the event viewer 0xc0000006.I've...
  10. Forza Motorsport Intro Crash: Seeking Solutions Beyond Troubleshooting Guides

Forza Motorsport Intro Crash: Seeking Solutions Beyond Troubleshooting Guides: I purchased the Xbox Game Pass for PC and downloaded Forza Motorsport along with other titles like Deep Rock Galactic.However, every time I try to launch Forza Motorsport, it crashes during the intro with the same error message listed in the event viewer 0xc0000006.I've...