Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my laptop. When I try to install the AMD graphics drivers, windows freezes. After force shutdown and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mayank Phadke, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers

Hi,

I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my laptop. When I try to install the AMD graphics drivers, windows freezes. After force shutdown and restart, windows freezes on the login screen.

Then, if I boot into safe mode and disable the AMD drivers, then it runs fine. But, enabling the drivers again causes the same issue.

The driver for the integrated graphics works fine.

I ran the dism commands for ScanHealth and RestoreHealth. There was no error.

I ran sfc /scannow. There was no error

Laptop: Lenovo Z51-70

Processor: Intel i5 5200U

Integrated GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500

GPU: AMD R9 M375

:)

Mayank Phadke, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 crashes after installing AMD Graphics Driver 8670 series.

Hi microvice,

An outdated or incompatible driver is one of the possible reasons why your Windows 10 computer crashes after installing the driver. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Did you check if the graphics driver is compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are you receiving any error messages after installing the driver? If yes, can you provide us the exact error code that flashed out?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer's website of your device.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Feb 16, 2020
  3. AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers

AMD Display Driver Install Causing Crash on Windows 10

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • AMD R9 380x
    • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Desktop, custom
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 64bit
    • Driver version installed
      • Trying to install Crimson Edition 16.3.2
    • Display Devices
      • Lenovo, HDMI
    • Motherboard
      • ASUS H110M-A
    • CPU/APU
      • Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz
    • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
      • EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze
    • RAM
      • 8GB
    Describe your issue:

• Brand new system ran fine for a month. Two days ago screen randomly started to go green. Solid green not a tint. It was also flickering and having weird pixelated issues. Took out GPU and put it back in to check connection. Checked all power supply
      connections. Everything good. Turned PC on and got vertical white lines across the screen and couldn't make it to boot before going black. Plugged HDMI into onboard display and was able to boot but would crash to BSOD withing seconds and give video.tdr failure
      (atikmpag.sys). I safe mode booted and used ddu to uninstall display driver and boot from Windows Basic Display Adapter. At this point my build became stable and now I use the computer, without the graphics card. I downloaded latest display drivers from support.amd.com
      but when I attempt to install the system crashes to BSOD with same video.tdr failure. Upon looking at the display driver in the device manager (in safe mode again) I get a Code 52.
    • I have attempted to install the Crimson 16.3.2 edition for Windows 10 and 8.1 64bit edition, both with same results.
    • I attempted to alter the atikmpag.sys file through tutorials I found online to no result.
    • I attempted to block Windows Update from downloading the latest drivers and installing them with no result.
    • I attempted a fresh install but as soon as updates were downloaded and installed it crashed again.
    • I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Please help.

Mithrawn05, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers

1. Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers - Similar Threads - crashes installing latest

2. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  3. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  4. Windows 10 PRO x64 crashing during installation of AMD graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 PRO x64 crashing during installation of AMD graphic drivers: Hi, yesterday 21/6/2021 everything okay, PC working perfectly, This morning 22/6/2021 Windows didn't boot up, froze on spinning dots screen. After several restarts and running repair, Windows uninstalled AMD graphic drivers and installed default Microsoft graphic driver....
  5. Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed

Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7520 SE laptop which has a switchable AMD Raedon HD 7730m graphic card and a Intel 4000 HD internal graphic card. With the recent Windows 10 updateversion 2004, every time my AMD display drivers are installed, my system keeps freezing. If I...
  6. Windows 10 crashes after installing AMD Graphics Driver 8670 series.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after installing AMD Graphics Driver 8670 series.: Hi, This problem I am facing for a long time, in the end I have to rum my laptop without using any AMD graphics driver, only with Intel. is there any solution available? Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers...
  7. Windows 10 crashes after installing AMD Graphics Driver 8670 series.

Windows 10 crashes after installing AMD Graphics Driver 8670 series.: Hi, This problem I am facing for a long time, in the end I have to rum my laptop without using any AMD graphics driver, only with Intel. is there any solution available?...
  8. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...
  9. BSOD installing AMD graphics driver

BSOD installing AMD graphics driver: Hi, I have been facing this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I try to install AMD Graphics driver, my system crashes. Can someone suggest a solution for this? Thanks in advance!! 81179
  10. Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10: Latest AMD Radeon Video Driver Released [img] Information Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Optional Release Date: March 26, 2018 Driver Version: 17.50.33.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15033.5003) AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link Release...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes when im installing latest adrenalin drivers