Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Win 10 computer sometimes crashes after I try to open an app, right after restarting and logging in. There is no blue screen or anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ysfZD, Jun 3, 2020.

1. ysfZD Win User

Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton

Hello,

My Win 10 computer sometimes crashes after I try to open an app, right after restarting and logging in.

There is no blue screen or anything. I try to launch an app after login in, and the loading cursor appears for a second, but then the system freezes, and then the screen goes black.

The system does not restart on its own, I have to press the reset button on my computer to get it to restart.

This only happens occasionally, maybe 30-40% of the time.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue.

Please help!

:)

ysfZD, Jun 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton

1. Windows 10 crashes after launching applicaiton - Similar Threads - crashes launching applicaiton

2. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  3. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  4. Microsoft Store crashing after launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store crashing after launch: Hello, I didn't use Microsoft Store for a while but lately I wanted to try downloading something from there.Unfortunately my plans were destroyed by Microsoft Store crashing when I was clicking on any app, before it even loads properly.How it looks is: I click on an app ->...
  5. windows programs crashing after launching.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows programs crashing after launching.: Hi, since turning on my pc today 13/08/2021, nearly every single windows program is crashing, examples Edge, Recovery, windows explorer, windows picture viewer, Xbox app, Sticky notes and back up settings, i have only noticed today and was using my computer the previous day...
  6. Windows 10 Apps crash after launching if Windows Updates are Current

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Apps crash after launching if Windows Updates are Current: This is my first post on this forum. My name is Chandra Swami and I am a monk following the ancient Vedic tradition of Bhakti in the Krishna Consciousness Movement. I have been involved with computers for a long time and am active in music creation, video editing, 3-D...
  7. PC Crashes after launching a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes after launching a game: I built my first PC around three weeks ago and it ran well for the first week and a half, but since then I have experienced this issue where the PC will crash, show me a black screen, and then reboot. I have occasionally received Blue Screen of death with the following error...
  8. Windows Defender Crashes when viewing blocked applicaitons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Crashes when viewing blocked applicaitons: Like the title says, whenever I open Windows Defender to look at the blocked apps list, the thing crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-crashes-when-viewing-blocked/88c69d1f-5e0f-4d3e-bcd1-5dfdb8801ebd
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching: Hello, My File Explorer crashes shortly after opening. I've tried all recommended troubleshooting approaches to no avail. Here is the diagnostic for my most recent crash. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎21/‎2020 8:17 PM Status...
  10. Old windows displaying in applicaiton view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old windows displaying in applicaiton view: Greetings -- when I hover over a live application app in the tool bar, or try to switch between apps using Alt-Tab I see "ghost" windows of live apps in previous states (in addition to the current view of the app). For example, if I am in a financial app, I might see an old...