Windows 10: Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help.

Discus and support Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Seemingly out of nowhere a couple days ago, my perfectly fine PC started to crash after I tried to log in. After extensively frustrating trial and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EliRivers, May 19, 2019.

1. EliRivers Win User

Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help.

Seemingly out of nowhere a couple days ago, my perfectly fine PC started to crash after I tried to log in. After extensively frustrating trial and error, here are the specifics. When I put my computer to sleep, it will crash. When I then restart it and log in, I'll be able to operate it for ~5 seconds (it varies each time) before the computer crashes. Sometimes both screens (dual monitor setup) will go grey, sometimes white, occasionally yellow, and sometimes only one screen will turn any of the colors listed above. When only one screen turns a color, sometimes it will flick back to my desktop and everything will be fine. 9 time out of 10 though, my screen will stay grey, white, yellow, etc. and force a restart; then the cycle starts over again. The only proven way I've found around this is booting my computer in Safe Mode and then disabling my GPU driver, restarting my computer, navigating to device manager, and then re-enabling my GPU driver. The catch is that every time I do this, all of my apps lose track of all of my files. E.g. my Blizzard app will think that I don't have Hearthstone installed and i'll have to manually relocate it. It won't let me reset my PC, or restore from a Windows backup. Reinstalling my GPU drivers has done nothing. Updating Windows has done nothing. I need a fix for this.

:)

EliRivers, May 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 19, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help. - Similar Threads - CRASHES LOGIN Need

2. Pc crashed need help it’s a windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashed need help it’s a windows 10: I installed a cd for Tp-link and installed it and boom my computer went nuts . I have all kinds of stuff now and nothing works. Please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashed-need-help-its-a-windows-10/24be5589-1ba7-441c-92f4-5d75f86c0700
  3. Pc crashed need help it’s a windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashed need help it’s a windows 10: I installed a cd for Tp-link and installed it and boom my computer went nuts . I have all kinds of stuff now and nothing works. Please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashed-need-help-its-a-windows-10/24be5589-1ba7-441c-92f4-5d75f86c0700
  4. Pc crashed need help it’s a windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window 10 Crash Minipump Help Needed

Window 10 Crash Minipump Help Needed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhH1SUfr9HSg0Xhc_v2V-8xcn1z?e=3DyAKq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-crash-minipump-help-needed/8e889ce6-de0a-4935-a240-0712e8002559
  6. Windows crashes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after login: My PC starts up fine, I enter my pin, and then Windows crashes. I have restarted many times and every time it does one of these:- black screen with nothing on it. I can move the cursor around but can't do anything.- my desktop is there, but none of the startup programmes...
  7. Windows crashes after login

Windows crashes after login: My PC starts up fine, I enter my pin, and then Windows crashes. I have restarted many times and every time it does one of these:- black screen with nothing on it. I can move the cursor around but can't do anything.- my desktop is there, but none of the startup programmes...
  8. Need help with windows 10 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help with windows 10 Login: Something is wrong with my Login on my admin account only. When I attempt to login to my computer the camera see and recognizes my face but wont load my account and just goes back to login screen. PIN wont work and it wont reset. The option for password is gone. Not even...
  9. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps Crashing Need Help: While I am playing online games with friends my pc will randomly freeze and crash a little later to give me the BSOD clock_watchdog_timout error.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10: Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I could not find a similar thread. I received the notice that the windows 10 update was available for a windows 7 laptop we have. The install appeared to go fine, it did not give me any error messages on this. However now that...