Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For...

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Thisissue is as old as I can remember and dozens of posts have discussed it atnausea but to my surprise no one offered a simple and cohesive solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pinfo_001, May 2, 2021.

1. Pinfo_001 Win User

Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For...

Thisissue is as old as I can remember and dozens of posts have discussed it atnausea but to my surprise no one offered a simple and cohesive solution thatmost people can benefit from. That is because there are a lot of variables toconsider hardware, firmware, Windows 10 release, installed programs, peripherals,etc. so the root cause maybe of course different in each case but in themajority of cases there is a common solution that can resolve the problem. Thesolution won't cover the situations when there is a faulty driver, hardware orthe installed software but before you go o

:)

Pinfo_001, May 2, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 2, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 2, 2021
  4. tfwul Win User

Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For...

Powerplan - monitor goes to sleep earlier than set in Power and Sleep

Thanks.

My settings are as per below.

Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For... [​IMG]

Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For... [​IMG]

Problem is computers are LAN-connected (shared) and during copying/synchronizing the laptop shuts off, then the connection is lost.

So in fact I have to think of moving the laptop mouse every 2-3 minutes ... to avoid this turning off.

However, it strikes me that sometimes indeed the screen stays on for a longer period of time.

Totally puzzled.

tfwul, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Crashes After Sleep Or After Display Shuts Off By Powerplan - The Solution For... - Similar Threads - Crashes Sleep Display

2. Crashing after display has turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing after display has turned off: Hi! Over the last couple days I've had an issue where I'll leave my computer alone and if I come back after my display shutoff timeout it completely crashes. I couldn't find anything in Event Log so I ran Driver Verifier. This caused the system to crash at startup with System...
  3. Crashing after display has turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing after display has turned off: Hi! Over the last couple days I've had an issue where I'll leave my computer alone and if I come back after my display shutoff timeout it completely crashes. I couldn't find anything in Event Log so I ran Driver Verifier. This caused the system to crash at startup with System...
  4. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  5. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  6. Night light off after the display shuts off and reactivates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light off after the display shuts off and reactivates: Same problem as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/nightlight-not-restored-after-screen-saver-pause/170dd2b7-00ba-440a-b7ff-fcc8d9d90c69 Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 installed on ‎30.‎12.‎2020 Build...
  7. Windows 10 never finishes going to sleep, crashes/shuts off after a while

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 never finishes going to sleep, crashes/shuts off after a while: Bit of a head scratcher... I use the same applications and workflow all the time, and I usually put the computer to sleep so everything is ready to go. However, recently -- I'd say end of Nov / beginning of Dec 2020 -- sleep mode has stopped working properly. When I select...
  8. After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display: I have tried everything I can find for a solution, but after the recent update, my PC no longer goes to sleep or turns off the display. If I manually do it, it stays asleep, but the timers do not work. My powercfg -requests shows None for all categories. I've reset the...
  9. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ipenama [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5aas/laptop_shuts_off_after_waking_from_sleep/
  10. Desktop Windows 10 PC shuts off DVI display after I turn off the HDMI display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows 10 PC shuts off DVI display after I turn off the HDMI display.: I have recently retired my old studio desktop pc and have started using it as a media pc. It is setup with a DVI computer monitor and HDMI TV display attached. When I shut down the HDMI TV display it shuts off the DVI display as well. Also the computer will no longer start up...