Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having the issue for a while where Windows will blue screen me midway into writing an operating system to an SD card. I've tried it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertBDev, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card

So I've been having the issue for a while where Windows will blue screen me midway into writing an operating system to an SD card. I've tried it on multiple imaging tools including Rufus and Raspberry Pi Imager. I have tried multiple SD cards and I have tried to write Raspbian and Ubuntu to them. Everything I have tried usually crashes Windows although there have been a couple of times that I have successfully created a bootable SD card. Does anyone else have this issue or does anyone know how I could fix it?

Computer Model: Dell G3 3590

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Windows Version: 20H2

OS Build: 19042.867

Hope that's everything that you need :

Thanks,

Rob

:)

RobertBDev, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Molyy Win User
    How to Clone Bootable SD Card?

Macrium, clonezilla, Easeus todo back free, of of them can create good bootable disc/USB/SD card. Just create a new one and save to the other SD card.

Molyy, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card

Using an SD card to install?

OK I just made a bootable SD card with Windows 10 Enterprise TP. I made it in the USB card reader on my desktop PC. My laptop will boot from it just like a bootable thumb drive. If I take the SD card out and put it in my laptops built in card reader, nada. It's not listed as a bootable device in the quick boot menu. Being a laptop there isn't much in the way of boot options. Not like you'd see on a desktop PC.

alphanumeric, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card

1. Windows 10 Crashes After Trying to Create a Bootable SD Card - Similar Threads - Crashes Trying Create

2. Windows 10 SD CARD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SD CARD: Can you update Windows 10 with a SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sd-card/097be191-4914-4006-8d5e-647252425016
  3. SD Cards and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD Cards and Windows 10: I just purchased this laptop. Already HATING windows 10. Can't seem to find a way to get it to read my SD cards. The system also crashes when surfing with Microsoft edge. This is so frustrating! Thinking of selling it and buy the one thing I hate more than windows 10, a MAC...
  4. Can't get a bootable SD card to work. Read post.

Can't get a bootable SD card to work. Read post.: So recently I bought a microSD card and put it into my computer with an adapter. Everything seems to be fine, but the thing I bought it for isn't working. I changed the boot list and legacy boot list so it would boot and then installed Windows 10 onto it with Media Creation...
  5. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  6. trying to format a micro sd card

trying to format a micro sd card: already downloaded photos to laptop. want to use 8gb sd card for new device,( garmin gps ) only have sd card adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-format-a-micro-sd-card/69b5367c-be43-439c-bc2d-ce5ccd06846b
  7. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  8. How to Clone Bootable SD Card?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Clone Bootable SD Card?: anyone know if Macrium or other common/good backup/clone package can take an existing good bootable SD Card and clone it to a fresh one? do they need to be exact matches [brand/speed/size] or near-proxy? thx 37033
  9. Anyone tried installing to SD card

Anyone tried installing to SD card: I just bought an SD card adaptor which is a cheaper option than SSD and plan to try to install windows to an SD card, anyone experimented with this? Wonder what speed will be like? 45921
  10. Internal bootable SD card - Can I make a bootloader for Windows

Internal bootable SD card - Can I make a bootloader for Windows: Hi there I've a microserver with a bootable micro sd card (32GB). I've replaced a DVD drive with an SSD - (this isn't bootable in AHCI mode (the built in RAID is "Fake RAID" and not very good so I've disabled it and gone into AHCI mode where the I/O is much better on the...