Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and I have an issue with the PC rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. I did some searching online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StrikeEagle492, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and I have an issue with the PC rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. I did some searching online and it seemed like the most likely cause was the graphics driver, so I have updated that and several others through Driver Booster 7. That seemed to fix it, for a few days at least, but the problem has started happening again.

It seems more likely to happen the longer the PC has been sleeping, and will sometimes reboot itself even without being woken.

My Graphics Card is an AMD Radeon HD 5670

:)

StrikeEagle492, Feb 2, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 2, 2020
  3. WaytGibbs Win User
    Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

1. Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Crashes waking sleep

2. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  3. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  5. Windows crashes when waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes when waking from sleep mode: Sorry if the formatting of this post looks weird, the text box doesn't seem to work well on my browser. I get a blue screen every time when I try to wake up from sleep mode. It started happening just some time ago. Sometimes this happens immediately, sometimes after a minute...
  6. Crash After Waking From Sleep

Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  7. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  8. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep: This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". But once it restarts after collecting the data it tells me that "Windows wasn't loaded...
  9. Home build: crash after waking up from "sleep mode"

Home build: crash after waking up from "sleep mode": Greetings All, First off, thank you for helping with these issues - I think what you guys (and gals) do is awesome and I wish I had the same troubleshooting skills. I have recently completed a new home build with the following specs: Processor: i7-6700k...
  10. Home build: crash after waking up from "sleep mode"

Home build: crash after waking up from "sleep mode": Greetings All, First off, thank you for helping with these issues - I think what you guys (and gals) do is awesome and I wish I had the same troubleshooting skills. I have recently completed a new home build with the following specs: Processor: i7-6700k...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleeping mode after windows 10 update