Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the last 2 weeks I have had to fully reinstall Windows 10 x 5 times after failures that seem linked to the latest Windows update. The PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianIselin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

In the last 2 weeks I have had to fully reinstall Windows 10 x 5 times after failures that seem linked to the latest Windows update.

The PC is telling me updates are installed, and should update and restart. When I do, the laptop fails to restart Windows; the siwlring indicator after the Lenovo splash screen just spins and spins. The only way out of to reboot and F8 into the recovery mode.

In recovery mode, I am not given the option of a restore. Repairing does nothing. The only thing that seems to solve the problem is a completely new install.

I have paused updates, but then when the day come for it to update. Boom. Again.

Any ideas??

:)

BrianIselin, Apr 20, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 20, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

1. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot - Similar Threads - crashes fails reboot

2. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS: So my pc just restarted but it restarted into bios, not recognizing my ssd. But after switched psu off and on again it booted normally on my windows. here are some photos:i always have this problem even after reinstalling windows 3 times. is something that i miss? or is some...
  3. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS: So my pc just restarted but it restarted into bios, not recognizing my ssd. But after switched psu off and on again it booted normally on my windows. here are some photos:i always have this problem even after reinstalling windows 3 times. is something that i miss? or is some...
  4. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.: Upon upgrading my fathers computer to an SSD and installing windows 10, I'm left completely stumped by the issue windows 10 causes. upon installation windows is 100% functional, i can install drivers and stress the computers hardware not a hardware fault; then upon X...
  6. Windows 10 crashed (bsod) then rebooted to this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 crashed (bsod) then rebooted to this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htobcy/windows_10_crashed_bsod_then_rebooted_to_this/
  7. Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot

Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot: Hi there -- I've been having issues with my laptop being low on storage, despite having 6GB of files, and the drivers failing so it was suggested I wipe it clean and reset it. I followed the instructions I found to remove all the files and start from scratch. It looks like...
  8. Windows 10 crashed and not able to reboot

Windows 10 crashed and not able to reboot: Hi All, I was using my laptop and suddenly it got crashed. When initially restarted a blue screen appeared with different options. I tried with few options and i could not solve the issue. After that i did not touch my laptop for 2 months when again I stated my Laptop, it...
  9. windows failed to reboot

windows failed to reboot: windows failed to reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-reboot/df51d1c0-488f-474b-bc16-c80f5f3b9d02
  10. Windows 10 (Reboot, Crash Problems)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 (Reboot, Crash Problems): Hello Pals, The Problem That Occurs There is a problem that I've run into quite recently. Where I've turned my CPU off for the night, left it until morning with the Power Switch (OFF) - I come back to it sometime in the day (tomorrow) and find myself watching the start-up...