Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having trouble with my computer more and more frequently crashing into the BSOD wall, gears and wheels go flying everywhere. Prior to this, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuanPablo2018, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode

I am having trouble with my computer more and more frequently crashing into the BSOD wall, gears and wheels go flying everywhere. Prior to this, I bemoaned the 10-20 minute wait while the little white dots danced around in a circle while Windows pondered whether it felt like starting up. That's fine, Windows, take your time. No rush. But now this.

As for when the BSODs happen, it used to be any time I brought the system up from sleep. Immediate BSOD and reboot. I stopped letting Windows take naps, and the BSODs began happening at random times while I'm using the computer. In a short time the BSOD began appearing soon after booting up, from 1 to 10 minutes after boot, even if I do nothing with the computer once it's booted. Boom, crash, gears, wheels, frustration.

I have a suspicion my system drive, (it's an SSD, I've affectionately named it 'C') is causing trouble. I try to repair it via chkdsk /f /r, and this process reaches 26% and then stays there. I don't know whether to think that the BSODs are due to any trouble with the C drive.

The computer runs perfectly well under Safe Mode. Aside from that, it's crash city, even with a clean boot, every service disabled aside from Microsoft services.

I saw a response from Gerry Cornell to a similar question where Jerry asked for the System Information File and the System Log file. Following his precise instructions, I collected those files and am posting links to them here, for anyone to have a look.

System Information file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxrKCW2qmHnbeyuEAmjqE4ae9c

System Log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxrKCW2qmHnbCmklXcrL6VACZ0

Any help from whomever is up for the challenge is appreciated.

:)

JuanPablo2018, Sep 30, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - crashes frequently unless

2. Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode: Troubleshooting in Windows Safe Mode is meant to solve Windows problems by starting only the system essentialal services and processes. However, some Windows users are complaining that the Windows crashes or freezes even when they boot in Safe Mode. Windows 10 crashes or...
  3. Safe Mode: Keeps on crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode: Keeps on crashing: Hello! My problem is that when I try using Safe Mode with networking to clear out the drivers of my GPU, when I notice that the applications on my background were not appearing and this dialog "microsoft windows the application is not responding" keeps on reappearing. My...
  4. Fairly New HP AIO Unusable unless in Safe Mode

Fairly New HP AIO Unusable unless in Safe Mode: Hello tenforum wizards. I'm back again with a new bsod issue on a new AIO. I can't really track the start of the BSODs to an event like an update or new software install, and I can't use the computer at all unless I'm in safe mode. I tried to install the new windows feature...
  5. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  6. Windows 10 is unstable, frequent BSOD, but works in Safe Mode

Windows 10 is unstable, frequent BSOD, but works in Safe Mode: I get BSOD's every 3-5 minutes in normal mode. In Safe Mode, it simply doesn't crash. Please, somebody help me hunt down the responsible driver so I can cut it up into little pieces and send each to the horizon in a different direction. Minidump folder:...
  7. Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode: Hello, I have many issues with my Windows 10 although I made a reset but still the same issue. Alot of Apps do not start, like Installers, Softwares as Visual Studio and stuff. And also windows-tools such as Task Manager, Add or Remove windows features. All of these do not...
  8. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.: So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again. I was able...
  9. Screen goes black, and can't boot into windows unless safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black, and can't boot into windows unless safe mode: Hey guys , ive been having an issue lately and im struggling to work through it. Brief history, screens started dropping to black and computer would stay on. No way to reset just had to hold power button down. Fast forward to my attempts to fix, system restore from safe...
  10. OS will now not fully load unless in 'Safe Mode'

in Windows 10 Support
    OS will now not fully load unless in 'Safe Mode': Hi to everyone from a Noob! I've been working on a friend's laptop, who wanted 'Gadgets' installing, which I did (same Gadgets that run OK on my almost identical laptop, from WinAero I believe) but since then the laptop will not run in normal mode. After signing in, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crash on start up unless in safe mode