Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 crashes if a new Word document is saved on a file server. The crash is a green screen reporting an error in WdFilter.sys an event is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theking2, Nov 20, 2018.

1. theking2 Win User

Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server

Windows 10 crashes if a new Word document is saved on a file server.

The crash is a green screen reporting an error in WdFilter.sys an event is writen:

Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8006467f44b, 0xffff83813ed4ea80, 0x0000000000000000). Ein volles Abbild wurde gespeichert in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Berichts-ID: be2084f5-31ec-412d-b14d-ad1f642e2a4c.

If interested, I saved the MEMORY.DMP file and the mini dump files.

All (graphic) drivers are the most recent. Saving to a local location (Documents) works without a problem. Also saving local and copying the server works without a problem. The document can than be opened and saved normally within Word

:)

theking2, Nov 20, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Word 2016 crashes on save/save as

When I do a save as or save, MS Word 2016, Version 1704 Build 8067.2157 becomes non responsive. No matter what the destination is, usually documents, it just crashes. Task manager to get out of it. Searched for problem on the internet, tried most if not all of the suggestions same result. Tried the Office repair, same problem. Appreciate any suggestions.

UPDATE: Now all programs in office have the same "save to" crash.*Sleepy

meebers, Nov 20, 2018
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server [​IMG]

4. Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server

Unable to save Word 2010 in Pc documents.

Original Title: Saving word files to documents

Just upgraded to windows 10 and can't save Microsoft word 2010 file to: this PC/documents/SOAG/labels. prompt says "don't have permission to save in this location. contact the administrator to obtain permission. would you like to save in documents instead?"
    I am the administrator. this is the documents folder. when I click yes, prompt window disappears and nothing is saved. Can't save to one drive either. some suggestions in the answers section suggest turning off Bluetooth to have word function better, Bluetooth
    is not connected. In order to create new folder I had to click on a security permission window. Is there something like that here that I am not finding?

Help!!! I can't use my computer if I can't save anything!!!!

DianaOzolins, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server

1. Windows 10 crashes in WdFilter.sys if a new Word document is saved on a file server - Similar Threads - crashes WdFilter sys

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  6. Saving a Word document into a PDF file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving a Word document into a PDF file: I am getting the following error when saving to a PDF file in Word. I can open any PDF file I have, but I can't save one. I don't know where to go to solve this. I have reinstalled Adobe and Word....
  7. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  8. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  9. Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys: Plz can anyone help. I have complete startup failure and this keeps coming up. Any clues as to how I can sort it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowssystem32driverswdfilter-sys/768ceaaf-6931-4c8a-a7de-26c2dd914561
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...