Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi people My Windows 10 desktop crashes at random times, but always overnight when not in use - I presume when it enters sleep mode. Sometime I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bad Badger, May 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

Hi people

My Windows 10 desktop crashes at random times, but always overnight when not in use - I presume when it enters sleep mode. Sometime I just get a restart prompt bios password and sometimes a BSOD with a variety of stop codes.

I have run CHKDSK and SFC, scanned for malware and reset my Windows installation, to no avail.

Any ideas on waht to do next? Here are the crash dump files:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnvqxvflwbQhiuY46cuTDxAzd__TJA?e=hTlfFQ

Many thanks!

:)

Bad Badger, May 6, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 spontaneously shuts down overnight and occasionally during the day.

Windows 10 spontaneously shuts down overnight and occasionally during the day. This started about three weeks ago. I cleaned out any dust in the computer, but problem recurred. Please advise.

CarlJensen1, May 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

1. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight - Similar Threads - Crashes occasionally overnight

2. Windows 10 occasionally crashes without BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 occasionally crashes without BSoD: It started about a month ago. After several days of continuous work my laptop suddenly shows black screen and reboots. After reboot is done, no minidump files or event log entries are created Other than kernel-power critical error without any description. I have no idea why...
  3. Occasional BSOD or crash

Occasional BSOD or crash: I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD, sometimes not. Other than those occasional crashes, everything is fine as far as I can tell. I've been trying to pinpoint the...
  4. Windows 10 Crashing Overnight External Monitor Issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Crashing Overnight External Monitor Issue?: Hey guys, Every night I leave my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 on overnight, in sleep mode. About a week ago, I woke in the night as the screen on my laptop had turned on, with an error message from Windows. I recall it saying about a failed update, but don't recall as I...
  5. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  6. Windows crashing overnight repeatedly

Windows crashing overnight repeatedly: Hello, I am having an issue with the PC crashing overnight for several days in a row. From other threads, I've seen people be requested to upload a zip file of the mini-dumps when it is reffering to rebooting from a bugcheck. I've attached the minidump along with the System...
  7. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...
  8. Occasional crashes with more Freezing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Occasional crashes with more Freezing.: I have bought a dell pc for just under 2 weeks ago (1-year warranty). It has frozen over 10 times and crashed 4 times. I have noticed that when it freezes, it does so when I either: switch between programs, open/close programs or wake up from sleep. (I think these are...
  9. Occasional PC Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC Crash: My PC has just stopped.. My second screen went black and the PC froze. I had to power off and on to get it working. This has happened a few times over the last couple of weeks. No new applications installed. Last week I had 3 / 4 days with no issues, then off it went....
  10. Occasional start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional start menu crashes: last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past...