Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jonamac, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Jonamac Win User

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and just stays like that for about 5 minutes or so and then the PC just restarts. I NEVER see a blue screen when it happens, just black. This has been happening for a couple months now and it's insanely annoying because I have to relaunch absolutely everything I was working on. I know that windows just had some big update recently, but my problem is still lingering. Before anyone asks, yeah I did the elevated command prompt "sfc /scannow" thing and one time it found some things and fixed them but alas, no solution.

Here's all the data from WhoCrashed:

System Information (local)

Computer name: JON-PC
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18362
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X99-E WS/USB 3.1
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 68624384000 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080519-28687-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BFCC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8169)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I don't have any 3rd party antivirus, just the built in windows defender. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

Jonamac, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

From now on i will use the Hybrid sleep mode and let's hope it works as it should.

Knoxx29, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Automatically going to Sleep/Hibernate Mode

Hi Sandeep,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer is automatically going to sleep or hibernate mode. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a new local user account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

@Knoxx29 , hybrid sleep used to have problems only with some ACPI drivers. It did not involve hibernation mode directly, like many "tech websites" assumed.

I use hybrid sleep, cause I do have occasional power outages, and my UPS is not very reliable (time for a new one). I only shut down my PC at night. The rest of the time I put it to sleep.
    So far I had no problems with Hybrid Sleep, except one customer laptop. I think it was ASUS K53S, and it suffered with sleep and hibernation on all OSes, excluding Ubuntu 16.04.
    My old x58 rig also had some hiccups in Win10, but nothing critical or annoying.

silentbogo, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

1. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode. - Similar Threads - Crashes occasionally going

2. Bugcheck 0x0000009f when hibernating or sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck 0x0000009f when hibernating or sleeping: When I've been putting my PC to sleep at night, it's been off the next morning. This just started happening a couple of weeks ago. The error in the reliability monitor is: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003,...
  3. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode

Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode: As I noticed from a certain time to this day, I have an Anker Computer Keyboard, on that keyboard there is a sleep button with a moon above it... but nowadays when I press the button or if I even click on sleep on windows 10 start menu, the computer goes into hibernation. I...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode

Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode: As I noticed from a certain time to this day, I have an Anker Computer Keyboard, on that keyboard there is a sleep button with a moon above it... but nowadays when I press the button or if I even click on sleep on windows 10 start menu, the computer goes into hibernation. I...
  6. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: Hello, A week ago I (finally) updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Soon I realized my laptop kept running when I closed the screen. Yesterday I tried the shortcut to get it in sleep mode and saw the blue crash screen pop-up when it enters sleep mode. It gives...
  7. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...
  8. Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate: I have a Lenovo desktop that will not go into sleep or hibernate mode. When I select sleep or hibernate from the start menu the display goes to sleep but the pc continues to run. I have tried formating the hard drive and installing a new copy of the OS and have all the latest...
  9. Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly

Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly: Hello! I am using a HP Envy 15 TouchScreen Notebook (SKU: F5G56AV), Core i7-4700MQ CPU, Win 10 Home 10.0.17134, NVIDIA GeForce 840M Video Card. I starting in the past two weeks (approximately), I have been having the notebook randomly go into sleep mode, even when using...
  10. Will Windows 10 wake a computer automatically if it is in Sleep or Hibernation mode to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 wake a computer automatically if it is in Sleep or Hibernation mode to...: The goal is to have all of my computers either in Sleep or Hibernation mode after hours but have them wake up to install Windows Updates when they are available. If I have the computers Shut Down at the end of the day, the end user can get stuck with Windows Updates...