Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jonamac, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Jonamac Win User

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and just stays like that for about 5 minutes or so and then the PC just restarts. I NEVER see a blue screen when it happens, just black. This has been happening for a couple months now and it's insanely annoying because I have to relaunch absolutely everything I was working on. I know that windows just had some big update recently, but my problem is still lingering. Before anyone asks, yeah I did the elevated command prompt "sfc /scannow" thing and one time it found some things and fixed them but alas, no solution.

Here's all the data from WhoCrashed:

System Information (local)

Computer name: JON-PC
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18362
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X99-E WS/USB 3.1
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 68624384000 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080519-28687-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BFCC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8169)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I don't have any 3rd party antivirus, just the built in windows defender. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

Jonamac, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

From now on i will use the Hybrid sleep mode and let's hope it works as it should.

Knoxx29, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Automatically going to Sleep/Hibernate Mode

Hi Sandeep,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer is automatically going to sleep or hibernate mode. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a new local user account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

@Knoxx29 , hybrid sleep used to have problems only with some ACPI drivers. It did not involve hibernation mode directly, like many "tech websites" assumed.

I use hybrid sleep, cause I do have occasional power outages, and my UPS is not very reliable (time for a new one). I only shut down my PC at night. The rest of the time I put it to sleep.
    So far I had no problems with Hybrid Sleep, except one customer laptop. I think it was ASUS K53S, and it suffered with sleep and hibernation on all OSes, excluding Ubuntu 16.04.
    My old x58 rig also had some hiccups in Win10, but nothing critical or annoying.

silentbogo, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

1. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode. - Similar Threads - Crashes occasionally going

2. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  3. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  4. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  5. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  6. Hibernation or sleep mode?

7. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  8. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  9. Windows 10 turns on in sleep/hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 turns on in sleep/hibernate mode: Whether it's sleep mode or hibernate my laptop will turn itself back on and sit there and run until it times out and goes back to sleep. Sometimes it comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. Sometimes I'll come home and it is on and running. I've tried many different...
  10. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes hibernate to sleep

2. windows 10 crash hibernate