Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Troubleshooting in Windows Safe Mode is meant to solve Windows problems by starting only the system essentialal services and processes. However, some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode

Troubleshooting in Windows Safe Mode is meant to solve Windows problems by starting only the system essentialal services and processes. However, some Windows users are complaining that the Windows crashes or freezes even when they boot in Safe Mode.

If you are facing this issue, here are a few things you can do to fix the issue.

1. Run Automatic Startup Repair
    2. Run System Restore
    3. Reset your PC
    4. Repair Windows using the Installation media
    5. Get your hardware checked.

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] Run Automatic Repair

If you want to access and run Automatic Repair manually, you need to boot into Advanced Startup options. This will let you start Windows from an external device, change Windows startup settings or restore Windows from a Factory image.

When in Safe Mode, you have the option of doing this:

Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode Windows-10-crashes-or-freezes-even-in-Safe-Mode.png

• Open Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Select Recovery
    • Press Restart now button under Advanced Startup.

You then have to boot into Windows 10 with your Windows Installation Media or Recovery Drive and select Repair your computer to enter Troubleshoot > Advanced Startup Options > Command Prompt. You can now use CMD to run commands.

Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode winre-windows-8-3.png

Another way to do get to the Automatic Startup Repair button, then abruptly power down the PC when you have powered it up. Do it multiple times. After 3 times this may force Windows to think that there is some problem with your PC, and it will force push the Automatic Repair screen. From here, you can get access to the Advanced Startup Options.

Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem. You may be asked to enter your credentials to begin “Automatic Repair”.

Read: Windows Safe Mode not working.

2] Run System Restore

Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode system-restore-next.jpg

Once in the Advanced Options screen, as mentioned above, you can use the System Restore button to restore your computer.

Maybe this will help.

Related: Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in a loop.

3] Reset your PC

When in Safe Mode, you have the option of resetting your PC as follows:

• Open Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Select Recovery
    • Press Reset this PC.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

4] Repair Windows using the Installation media

Another option is to use the Windows installation media to Repair your computer.

5] Get your hardware checked

If nothing helps, maybe it is a memory or some hardware problem. You should take it to a hardware technician to get it checked.

All the best.

Read Next:

Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode Windows-10-crashes-or-freezes-even-in-Safe-Mode.png
    This article Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 21, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 21, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 21, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - crashes freezes Safe

2. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  3. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  4. Windows 10 Freezing but Not In Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing but Not In Safe Mode: Hello my name is Jiyan. My problem is this: When I login to the windows, after approximately 2 minutes, computer freezes if there is a background sound it stuck, nothing works except my laptop's keyboard light control key and fan key. When this happens only solution is to do...
  5. Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.: So I have a self built PC that has window's 10 on it, so this may make things a little tough, I've had it for years with no issues though, so it makes me think it has to be an issue with a recent update. I did check to make sure everything in my computer is connected so that...
  6. No login attempt in Windows 10, even in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No login attempt in Windows 10, even in Safe Mode: [IMG] hi everyone, I know this issue is some kind of common but I can't find the solution for mine. My Dell laptop with windows 10 after some C: disk repair automatically do not have any password prompt, just a blank wallpaper, even not have time or date. I tried some ways on...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode: Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day! I have been facing the BSOD issue for months! it first started while using photoshop, Laptop kept getting BSOD then stopped working Windows diagnostics showed that the RAM is Faulty. What i have done is: -Replace RAM...
  8. Not even safe mode works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not even safe mode works: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dranedagger4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl2ju6/not_even_safe_mode_works/
  9. Black Screen even in Safe Mode on Windows 10.

Black Screen even in Safe Mode on Windows 10.: I realise this will not apply to most but ive resolved the problem on my pc. It was plugged into a power strip which has an energy saving switch off feature. Having installed win 10 on a new ssd, it was drawing so little power that it was cutting out the supply to the pc, but...
  10. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works: Hi everyone! I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion laptop with Win 10 to start properly. What happens is that I reach the login screen, it accepts the login and says "Welcome", but after 10 min of trying to actually reach the desktop, it crashes and a fault message shows saying...