Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happen several times now, but every once a while Windows 10 will crash and restart, or I forced it to restart since Explorer will freeze and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/panderson1988, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue

This has happen several times now, but every once a while Windows 10 will crash and restart, or I forced it to restart since Explorer will freeze and not work. Once it restarts, the internet won't connect at all. It keeps saying it can't figure out the proxy settings, and when I've followed proxy settings guides it won't work. The only solution has been to reset the entire OS, and it keeps happening after 2 weeks of use since May when the stupid big update came out. It happen once on my Desktop as well, but this issue keeps happening on my laptop. Any idea what is causing this? Any way to stop this from happening since I'm tired of wasting my time resting the f-ing thing which takes 2-4 hours.

submitted by /u/panderson1988
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/panderson1988, Jun 23, 2020

2. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 23, 2020
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue

Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the internet connection on your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • What is the model of the network adapter you are using?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check for the internet options.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Internet Options, go to Connections tab, click on
      LAN Settings.
    • Make sure that Proxy Server is unchecked even if using Firefox.
    • Check settings in Firefox in Tools / Options /Advanced Connections / Settings (should be either use system proxy settings or no proxy).

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 3: Also, try to reset the Network Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue

1. Windows 10 Crashes/Restarts - Internet Stops Connecting - Proxy Settings Issue - Similar Threads - Crashes Restarts Internet

2. Windows 10: System Proxy Settings - ¿How to force internet requests through a proxy for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: System Proxy Settings - ¿How to force internet requests through a proxy for...: Facts:Windows has a configuration panel for proxy settingsThis configuration is the default for all applications that use system internet connection settingsThere are some applications that provides their own configuration for internet connections overriding system internet...
  3. Windows 10: System Proxy Settings - ¿How to force internet requests through a proxy for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: System Proxy Settings - ¿How to force internet requests through a proxy for...: Facts:Windows has a configuration panel for proxy settingsThis configuration is the default for all applications that use system internet connection settingsThere are some applications that provides their own configuration for internet connections overriding system internet...
  4. Windows 10: System Proxy Settings - ¿How to force internet requests through a proxy for...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Internet Proxy Settings Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Internet Proxy Settings Bug: This has happen twice now within the last month, but I forcefully restart my PC due to it freezing completely, or something like windows explorer failed and refused to work again. Once I restart, my wifi or ethernet won't work anymore. Troubleshooting says it can't detect the...
  6. Internet Proxy settings won't change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Proxy settings won't change: Hello, I am using the company laptop. We are using company ID and password to login everyday. Recently few weeks ago, I have trouble connecting to our local company Wifi every morning when I opened my laptop. After login, it says I don't have internet connections whereas...
  7. Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?

Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?: What does a Proxy Setting mean and should it be used - if so in what circumstances? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-what-is-a-proxy-setting/a850614a-2dff-471f-a6fb-fd76d7dbad79
  8. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...
  9. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...
  10. Internet connection issues on restart?

Internet connection issues on restart?: I've been running Windows 10 on my PC for a few months now. I upgraded from Windows 7 and absolutely love it! However, I am having an issue. When I use my PC on a normal basis, Everything is good. Internet connection is perfectly stable, no problems. But ALWAYS if I restart...