Windows 10: windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up

Discus and support windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after recent update it just gone downhill, I've miraculously lost my GPU drivers(first restart after the "upgrade" I get notified that there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by udwin, Aug 12, 2019.

1. udwin Win User

windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up

after recent update it just gone downhill, I've miraculously lost my GPU drivers(first restart after the "upgrade" I get notified that there are absolutely no drivers for AMD graphics card installed - makes me wonder, have those been really and the laptop needs to be started 3-4 times because it freezes forever on the startup screen with no hope to move on(I've left it for about 30mins one time, still to no avail). So here I am, with no clue what to do, will my computer live through next startup and why I am still on win10...

:)

udwin, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up - Similar Threads - crashes several times

2. Several .exe apps that worked before, not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several .exe apps that worked before, not opening: Several .exe apps, that opened fine before, for instance Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe, are simply not opening. No error message, just no response. Others, like sqldeveloper64W.exe is still working fine.I checked Task Manager, they're not secretly running there. I even...
  3. Several .exe apps that worked before, not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several .exe apps that worked before, not opening: Several .exe apps, that opened fine before, for instance Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe, are simply not opening. No error message, just no response. Others, like sqldeveloper64W.exe is still working fine.I checked Task Manager, they're not secretly running there. I even...
  4. Windows 11 several time crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 several time crash: I have computer running windows 11. at least one a week I have a problem crash. its happend when I watching youtube, browsing but never happend when I playing gamehere are the details from Event ViewerI got warning before shutdown unexpected1.- Level : Warning - source :...
  5. Windows 11 several time crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 several time crash: I have computer running windows 11. at least one a week I have a problem crash. its happend when I watching youtube, browsing but never happend when I playing gamehere are the details from Event ViewerI got warning before shutdown unexpected1.- Level : Warning - source :...
  6. windows 10 crashes every day several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 crashes every day several times: I got a W10 Pro. It is crashing at startup or during working every day> Today it crashes 3 times after log in. Bluescreen dumps aren't created although i enabled this. I did a repair install, but that didnt help. I checked the memroy but that did give an error. I already...
  7. Windows crashes / several times BSOD

Windows crashes / several times BSOD: Hi, I just built a new pc, installed Windows and activated it. After some days I'm experiencing crashes with BSOD. I already tried with the recovery option and with driver updates but it didn't work out. What I don't understand is why I get different types of error. If...
  8. PC crashed on some days after startup several times

PC crashed on some days after startup several times: On some days the PC just works fine but on some days it just crashed after a few seconds or minutes after startup like 5 times and then it runs fine for the rest of the day. Sometimes a get a normal BSOD, sometimes a frozen BSOD or a BSOD that looks corrupted. And sometimes...
  9. Windows 10 is crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is crashing several times a day: Windows 10 is crashing several times a day.I dont know why this happens.And have no idea how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/96c9a5e9-f365-4311-9db4-d91d41efb0bf
  10. Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup

Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup: Ihave the exact same problem descrived here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/explorerexe-keeps-stopping-or-crashing-windows-10/a9d24ccb-d935-49fc-a72a-8cefe8648378 At startup and on other occasions, something crashes...