Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A month ago I updated my pc. Changed motherboard, cpu and ram. Current setup: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H PSU: EVGA 500W 80+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rodrigo Gastón Viola, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

A month ago I updated my pc. Changed motherboard, cpu and ram.
    Current setup:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+
    RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengance LPX 3000 Mhz.

After the new parts where installed I started to get a lot of bsod on windows 10. I had like 5-6 different error codes like:
    -IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    -APC INDEX MISMATCH I got this one a lot

-KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    -DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

-PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED latest

I had more but i don't remember them.

I thought maybe my windows 10 old drivers where causing problems with the new hardware so I reinstalled windows. At first it was okay but then it started to happen again. After that I thought maybe it was a faulty ram or hdd so I checked my ram several times and no errors, checked the hdd and no errors, updated the bios and updated all of my drivers i think i updated all of them, not sure . I already tried all of the command repair options, also all of the fast start, hibernation, energy options. I'm guessing it's a driver problem because lately the bsod only happen when i'm not on the pc. I can play intensive games for hours just fine, but when I leave the pc alone for a couple of minutes most of the time it crashes.

Here are the lastest mini dump files, if you could check them for me it would be great.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mCTpTwJJfshLSU2Ic6NKGKhUZWXHGSjG?usp=sharing

:)

Rodrigo Gastón Viola, Nov 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 crashing (BSOD) when idle

Continued...

To me my problems look like a driver or hardware issue. As mentioned earlier, some time before migrating to Windows 10 I had installed new (larger) RAM (main memory), which worked fine under WIndows 8.1. With Windows 10 the problems started. A BIOS upgrade
    at first seemed to solve most crashes. That is to say, I had only one BSOD per week or so. Then this major update to Windows 10 came and my PC crashed again every time I would be away from my computer for more than a few minutes.

I tried to put the old RAM back into my PC, and since then I have had *no* BSODs! Clearly, the problem must be related to this new RAM. But it has passed a memtest earlier, and I have had situations where I used most of the new RAM. This tells me the RAM
    chips are okay. Apparently, some program is started when my PC is idle, and this gets confused by my new RAM chips.

My suspicion is that the crashes are caused by something like an update-checker that runs when the PC is idle. I guess that this has nothing to do with Windows 10, and on WIndows 8.1 I would have received an update to this "update-checker" and I would also
    have had BSODs.

I suspect the Intel microcode updater, because I consistently see mcupdate.dll in the crash logs (together with ntoskrnl, hal, kdcom of course).

Also, I think that the microcode updater probably does rather low-level stuff, which may be sensitive to RAM timings that are slightly off, or it may cause memory corruption.

But this is just a guess, and I have no idea how I could verify this, let alone solve this.

NicoVerwer, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle

Hi Mala,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

What is the make and model of the computer?

• Dell Latitude 5591 Purchased 2019
    Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?

• Win 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.529
    Have you tried booting the PC in Safe mode to know if the issue persists?

• No, would be hard to work in safe mode
    Have you installed any non-Microsoft security software on your PC?

• No, nothing

I’m receiving 2 types of BSODs

UEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

It happens while I work, usually browsing. I think always when browsing. The computer gets into waiting mode (mouse icon) and BSODs in a couple of seconds after that.

REGISTRY_ERROR

When idle, I come back to this BSOD after leaving the computer for a while.

Attached another 2 dumps.

backgroundTaskHost.exe.18816.zip

backgroundTaskHost.exe.4552.zip

Perhaps you can tell me how I can force more dumps? Memory dumps? It stays on 0% complete forever.

Thank you,

Gil

Gennady Tsymbalov, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

1. Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle. - Similar Threads - crashes bsod mostly

2. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  3. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSoD when idle: Hello, my laptop always get BSoD when left idle for 30+ min sometimes shorter. I have been experiencing this every day for the last 3 weeks. i always update my windows 10.I have done using the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files using command:...
  5. Windows 10 BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSoD when idle: Hello, my laptop always get BSoD when left idle for 30+ min sometimes shorter. I have been experiencing this every day for the last 3 weeks. i always update my windows 10.I have done using the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files using command:...
  6. Windows 10 BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling: For around the past month I've been getting random BSODs with different crash codes. They usually happen when browsing the internet or when idle with seemingly no common factor. No BSODs during gaming yet and temps are fine. I've put the different crash codes along with the...
  8. Bsod when idle...

Bsod when idle...: i,ve been having this issue with my pc since i upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 ...bsod when im away or not doing anything on the pc ,and last week i tride to do a defrag the drive and it happend also .. the error code moslty says critical process died .. i did SFC and tried...
  9. Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE

Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE: Hi there, I frequently get BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL In event viewer I can see the critical error Kernel 41 (63) I have uploaded the system info and memory.dmp to onedrive, here's the link:...
  10. Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle

Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle: Hi, Ever since i have purchased my computer a few months ago i'm having BSODs They can occur between every couple of days and a couple of times per day if left idle and perhaps plugged. Most commonly when idle i come back to the BSOD with error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen 3000 idle bsod