Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my dad bought himself a used i7 8700K and a new Asus Prime H370 Plus Motherboard and since then the computer crashes randomly. Here is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex Krenn, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly

So my dad bought himself a used i7 8700K and a new Asus Prime H370 Plus Motherboard and since then the computer crashes randomly.

Here is the EventViewer from the System:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OhTgEcBAqZtws2VGR3dTKqKCXROCrfw7/view?usp=sharing

There are critical events saying Kernel-Power with the Event-ID 41, but I don't really know what could cause this problem. I googled and it said something about lost power, so can a faulty power supply cause this problem or is it a CPU/MB caused problem?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Alex Krenn, Jul 19, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly

1. Windows 10 crashes unexpectedly - Similar Threads - crashes unexpectedly

2. (Event Error 6008) Newly build and resetted PC keeps shutting down/crashing unexpectedly....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Event Error 6008) Newly build and resetted PC keeps shutting down/crashing unexpectedly....: This is a link to my PC Parts List This is a picture of the Event Log (Log file is linked at the bottom) I had this issue for a full month now where i crashes almost every single day. But crash i dont mean a windows 10 blue screen shows up saying "shutdown", i mean the...
  3. Unexpected Store exception BSoD ntoskrnl.exe. endless freezes and crashes

Unexpected Store exception BSoD ntoskrnl.exe. endless freezes and crashes: I uploaded my minidump files for analysis through onedrive for your consideration: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicQXuPZF1-Dh04zj0v4BsRddfnj?e=N1oiKH to note, this a recently bought lenovo laptop. I have searched online for solutions and so far I had. Perfomed Sfc scannow, and...
  4. UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION ON LENOVO PC [CAUSED BY NTOSKRNL.EXE], endless freezes and crashes

UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION ON LENOVO PC [CAUSED BY NTOSKRNL.EXE], endless freezes and crashes: to note, this a recently bought lenovo laptop. I have searched online for solutions and so far I had. Perfomed Sfc scannow, and DISM restore health performed CHKdsk -f process, twice. no dice. a memory test in the past when the issue has started to arise (albite it saying...
  5. My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...

My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...: This has happened a few times where my machine would unexpectedly crash and each time I have rebooted the machine it keeps popping up with enter in your BitLocker Recovery Key. Luckily I have this written down on a sheet of paper but my question is why does my machine...
  6. Random Crashing Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Random Crashing Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Done Memory Check, System Scan. BlueScreenView minidump doesn't make much sense. [ATTACH] Unsure what to do now. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.475. Warm Regards, Michael...
  7. After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...: I've seen several other posts about people upgrading to Windows 10, but I don't know if that applies to me because I'm not upgrading and I didn't wipe everything out on purpose. On a whim the week before this happened, I did use Window Recovery Key, but I've never used it...
  8. PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.: My PC crashed during a game yesterday and when I restarted it everything was running normally. It was just that my Desktop was empty and all my passwords and data for every single application were gone. One drive, google, epic games, everything. Other than this my Downloads...
  9. Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception")

Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception"): Hello, yesterday I built a brand new PC. I updated Windows, installed drivers, updated BIOS and started playing Metro Exodus. After a few hours, I saw the SSD where Windows is installed to go from 1% to 100% and my computer would freeze. A couple seconds later I get a BSOD...
  10. Microsoft photos crashing unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos crashing unexpectedly.: Hey! My photos app is crashing when i open it I tried every thing like I tried trobuleshooter Tried to repair,reset etc in app settings And also kade new user account on my laptop And also reset my windows about 2 time Also tried to reinstall using windows power...