Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I currently have 2 workstations that immediately crash by "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" (Blue Screen) as soon as opening Sticky Notes. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DSP-NOA, Nov 6, 2018.

1. DSP-NOA Win User

Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes

Hello,

I currently have 2 workstations that immediately crash by "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" (Blue Screen) as soon as opening Sticky Notes.

Here is what I have tried so far.

1. Apps & features \ Sticky Notes \ Advanced options \ Repair & Reset

- still getting "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP"

2. "Uninstall" is grayed out (I am not sure if this is normal) as the image on below. So, I uninstalled the Sticky Notes via PowerShell, completely restarted the workstation then re-installed the "Microsoft Sticky Notes" from Microsoft Store.

Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes 50b414de-77e3-4896-b968-796b9b1f8fb9?upload=true.png

A) Launched CMD as an administrator then ran Sfc /scannow.

Scan Result: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

B) "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Here is the version info. of the Sticky Notes.

Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes a3decf34-55aa-4428-a518-2f1eae14de4f?upload=true.png

I am not what else I can try. Any suggest would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

DSP-NOA, Nov 6, 2018

2. the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes

1. Windows 10 crashes upon opening Sticky Notes - Similar Threads - crashes upon opening

2. Sticky Notes No Longer Opening Upon Startup After Reboot In 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes No Longer Opening Upon Startup After Reboot In 22H2: As the title states it, I have had the issue where my Sticky Notes do NOT want to stay open upon startup after I have to reboot my pc. It's been a bit frustrating to say the least, & technically, it's not the end of the world or whatever, but I do have certain things on my...
  3. Sticky Notes No Longer Opening Upon Startup After Reboot In 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes No Longer Opening Upon Startup After Reboot In 22H2: As the title states it, I have had the issue where my Sticky Notes do NOT want to stay open upon startup after I have to reboot my pc. It's been a bit frustrating to say the least, & technically, it's not the end of the world or whatever, but I do have certain things on my...
  4. Sticky Notes on windows 10 wont open?

Sticky Notes on windows 10 wont open?: My Sticky Note application on Win 10 does not Start/Open??? I have tried the Power Shell Route, install and uninstall. I have tried to reset etc Nothing seems to be working. I have gone through the forums and I can find a fix. Help Please....
  5. Sticky Notes crashing

Sticky Notes crashing: Hi Sticky Notes crashes on Ver. 1809. Have tried resetting app to no avail. Any ideas? Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.7.106.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Notes.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  6. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  7. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....
  8. Sticky Notes v3.0.118.0 Crashes

Sticky Notes v3.0.118.0 Crashes: I'd like to use Sticky Notes on my new Surface Studio. But the app keeps crashing. I've even tried Reset and uninstall/reinstall. It will work for a brief period and then I find the next time I open it the app will crash. I have no idea what else to check. The only relevant...
  9. Sticky Notes crashing my windows 10

Sticky Notes crashing my windows 10: First time I started it up in a while but also the first time it gave me such a serious issue. Granted I just had to wait several minutes but it was scary to see my display all messed up like the screen had broken. So here's what happened, I started it up, it...
  10. Not able to open Sticky Notes

Not able to open Sticky Notes: I have a custom based Windows 10 1703 image. I am not able to access Sticky Notes. It opens but sticks on task-bar like its hanged. Please help. [img] 98711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unexpected kernel mode trap windows 10 sticky note

2. sticky notes crashes on open

3. windows 10 sticky notes immediately crashes