Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2IYm3aBYT3uKQiIjgI_nwKArXCIZzMF/view?usp=sharing (video) Hey everyone i own a dell inspiron 7567 laptop over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by varunvrk, Jul 20, 2019.

1. varunvrk Win User

Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2IYm3aBYT3uKQiIjgI_nwKArXCIZzMF/view?usp=sharing (video)

Hey everyone i own a dell inspiron 7567 laptop over the past couple of months i have been having trouble with my laptop's gaming performance

So naturally after weeks of talking with dell they asked me to do a system reinstall and asked to check my performance and later since there was no improvement they replaced my motherboard and my graphics card along with the cooling fans

Even after this i did not get any improvement in my PC's gaming performance so they suggested me to use -:

"Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" and set the "Core voltage offset" to "-0.100" from "0" and asked me to record my issues

The laptop was working fine when suddenly after like a day it suddenly turned off without any warning or error message not even BSOD

I have attached a video stating what is happening exactly (attached a gdrive share link at the end of the document and in the beginning)

This happend first and i tried to run System repaid and System Restore but nothing fixed the problem
    However inspite of all this i was able to boot into Safe mode with networking (Thats how im making this post here) safe mode works fine without any crashes

Then i followed a few steps like doing a SFC scan which said windows found some corrupt files and could not fix them then after following a few steps from the internet and with no luck with them too i decided to do a complete OS reinstall

I have 2 hard disk one normal 1TB hard disk and 1 256gb M.2 SATA SSD (Windows is in the SSD)

i created a bootable usb and booted in with it and formatted my C drive ie my SSD and performed a clean install of windows and ran SFC scan again this time too it raised a few errors but this time it said windows successfully repaired all the files and after a reboot i performed another scan it showed no errors and said that "no integrity violations were found"

Naturally after a fresh install i started updating my windows 10 and when it asked to reboot to finish update the same thing repeated and i was unable to use the PC other than in Safe mode

Again i booted in with my USB and performed a clean install of the OS and this time the first time itself SFC scan did not give out any violations and i thought maybe i had to perform the above mentioned "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" steps for the PC to function and i performed that

After this the PC did start to work and i was able to boot in and install all necessary software but when i changed my power settings to high performance my laptop instantly crashed and it was the same situation over again

Is this a problem with my motherboard or is it a problem with my Operating system or a problem in my BIOS due to the use of the "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" i'm not sure

Sorry for the long post please give you're suggestions as to what could be causing the problem and any potential ways to fix it

Thank You

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2IYm3aBYT3uKQiIjgI_nwKArXCIZzMF/view?usp=sharing (video)

:)

varunvrk, Jul 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The
    boot tab in msconfig shows only

Windows 10 (c:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS.

Is there a way to add more entries where I could assign Boot options for alternate shell or network?

I found a guide "Safe Mode in Win 10" which suggested using bcdedit as follows:

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d "Windows 10 Safe Mode"

The command came back with:

The copy command specified is not valid

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance

The parameter is incorrect.

What parameter should I be using to create the new entry in the boot list?

AlleycatAL, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode

1. Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode - Similar Threads - crashes lockscreen able

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on the Lockscreen in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Lockscreen in Safe Mode Windows 10: My laptop got infected by the Neshta virus, I went into safe mode through start>misconfig>boot following a video tutorial on how to remove the virus. Then did a restart. But then when it was time for the password input screen to show up, it doesnt. I waited for 5 hours on...
  6. Not able to boot into Safe mode - it reboots when selecting the option

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to boot into Safe mode - it reboots when selecting the option: (19587.1000 version) So I recently tried to boot into safe mode to uninstall gpu drivers. I usually go via pressing shift button when restarting. If i'm not mistaken, the procedure goes as follows: Pressing the restart button, troubleshoot page shows, select startup menu...
  7. I am able to access internet only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am able to access internet only in safe mode: I am having Windows 10. Recently I am able to access the internet only in the safe mode. On checking the updates for windows, I found the following screen. Can someone help? Even "Fix Issues" do not help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boot to safe mode: I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The boot tab in msconfig...
  9. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.: So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again. I was able...
  10. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10: How to: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 How to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode,...