Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 Home. I just bought this laptop, and I performed a clean install of Windows 10 on it to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Murrin26, May 7, 2020.

1. Murrin26 Win User

Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...

Hi,

I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 Home. I just bought this laptop, and I performed a clean install of Windows 10 on it to get rid of bloatware. The computer came with 2 hard drives in it, an SSD and an HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. The computer has an i7 processor 10th gen and a dedicated graphics card by Nvidia.

My computer is crashing after I put my computer on sleep mode and try to wake the computer back up again. It gives me the blue screen saying "an unexpected error occurred and your computer has to restart" paraphrasing.

First I was getting the error " CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ". So first I went into power settings and allowed wake timers. That didn't fix it. So I ran Driver Verifier and eventually found out that the driver " virtualaudio.sys " Which is WsAudio_Device was the problematic driver. So I tried to update that driver and it was already up to date. So I uninstalled it, thinking it would fix the problem. It didn't fix the problem. I restarted my computer, and then when I tried to use Sleep Mode again, when it tried to open back up, the computer crashed again, this time giving me the error " UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION ". I ran the System File Checker and it didn't find any problems. So then I changed the power settings so the computer would never go to sleep, and would hibernate instead. So then I put the computer into hibernate mode, and when I tried to wake it back up, the computer crashed again, this time giving me the error "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" and saying that the problematic driver was intelppm.sys.

I haven't gotten any farther than this. Does anyone have any ideas as to what would be causing this problem, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Also, I have seen other threads where sometimes someone is instructed to "install the newest driver available" for any particular driver. In most cases, I have trouble even finding out how to install the newest driver. So if that is one of the solutions, could it please be explained also how to actually install the latest driver? Thank you

:)

Murrin26, May 7, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 7, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,... [​IMG]

Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,... [​IMG]

Chadi, May 7, 2020
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashes when waking up from sleep mode. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,... - Similar Threads - crashes waking sleep

2. System crash when waking from sleep BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System crash when waking from sleep BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have this PC running Windows 10 Home that crashes when it wakes from sleep. It'll either give a BSOD, black screen with the ability to power off with a tap of the power button, or a complete lock where not even holding the power button does anything. About half the time, I...
  3. System crash when waking from sleep BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when waking from sleep BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have this PC running Windows 10 Home that crashes when it wakes from sleep. It'll either give a BSOD, black screen with the ability to power off with a tap of the power button, or a complete lock where not even holding the power button does anything. About half the time, I...
  4. System crash when waking from sleep BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows crashes when waking from sleep mode

Windows crashes when waking from sleep mode: Sorry if the formatting of this post looks weird, the text box doesn't seem to work well on my browser. I get a blue screen every time when I try to wake up from sleep mode. It started happening just some time ago. Sometimes this happens immediately, sometimes after a minute...
  6. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  7. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  8. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died waking from sleep