Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FurkanEr1, Jun 7, 2020.

1. FurkanEr1 Win User

Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.

I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card:

https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-4680-pci-express-pci-e-firewire-kasa-ici-kart-p-HBV00000321EQ?magaza=Evaletim

I have no idea whether this product is for the sound card.

I am using the 2004 update of Windows 10 x64 bit.

First of all, when I connected my sound card to this card with firewire cable, the computer did not detect the sound card.

Then I tried a few methods I saw on the internet.

I downloaded the IEEE 1394 "Legacy" version and was going to take the necessary steps. But when I tried to update the card's driver, Windows crashed in a way I didn't see in anyone. Windows crashes when I try to remove this sound card and try to update it. What can be the problem?

My system features:
    AMD Ryzen 3 2300X AM4 3.5GHz 8MB

MSI A320M PRO-E 3200MHz OC Socket AM4 DVI VGA mATX Motherboard

ADATA 240GB SU630 3D NAND Sata3 2.5 SSD

CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram

:)

FurkanEr1, Jun 7, 2020

2. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Which version of Windows Operating system is running on your device?
    4. Is your computer connected to domain network?

This issue might be occurring possibly due to below mentioned reasons.

1. It seems like you do not have the IEEE 1394 Host Controller plugged in properly, otherwise Windows would be able to detect it (and show "Unknown Device").
    2. Windows installed the wrong driver, thus it is appearing in a different name thus you can't use it.

What I would suggest is, download the IEEE 1394 Host Controller device from the manufacturer's website, and run the Setup file there. It should replace the wrongly installed driver.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Wei Mao (MSFT) dated, July 30, 2015
    regarding the installation of FireWire Legacy drivers.

Please refer this blog
    from Microsoft
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 7, 2020
  3. erpster4 Win User
    Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

My old Sony DCR-TRV460 camcorder worked when connecting a Firewire (ieee 1394) cable onto my old HP Pavilion media center M8417C computer, which has a 6-pin 1394 port (probably 1394A) at the front and at the back of the computer and Win10 has built-in Firewire drivers for them.

btw, the IEEE 1394 chipset used on the HP computer is "LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" listed in Device Manager

be sure to buy the proper IEEE 1394 cable and the PCI/PCIe 1394 expansion card for PCs/boards that don't have a 1394 connector & ports.

erpster4, Jun 7, 2020
  4. JMasno5 Win User

Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.

After Windows 10 upgrade IEEE 1394 (firewire) gone

I upgraded my Dell notebook from Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro. I ran the comparability test before hand. There was no indication that I would lose the Firewire port.

I tried downloading a legacy driver. That did not work. In the Device manager I see "Other Devices - Unknown device" I assume that is the firewire port.

I tried adding it manually too.

Dell - Latitude E5420

I also noticed that the IEEE 1394 is gone in my Windows 10 desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 as well. My other desktop was a clean install of W 10 and the IEEE 1394 is present - VIA 1394 OHCI.

Please advise. Thanks.

JMasno5, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version. - Similar Threads - crashes while trying

2. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  3. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10

1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10: Hi, I have recently bought a new PC. My RME UCX Firewire interface crashes Windows 10 repeatedly, an issue which did not happen with Windows 7. I have read on numerous sites that the legacy 1394 firewire drivers will work but, having downloaded the drivers and installed them,...
  6. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops. ***Moved from Windows 10 / Install &...
  7. IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops....
  8. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  9. Firewire (1394) for Windows 10

Firewire (1394) for Windows 10: Buongiorno a tutti, Ho un problema , ho appena inserito la scheda Firewire. Ho windows 10. Sulla gestione dispositivi compare OHCI e ho installato il drive OHCI 1394 Legacy e aggiornato. Ma quando collego il cavo dalla telecamera SONY Videocamera digitale MiniDv...
  10. 1394 (Firewire) Driver

1394 (Firewire) Driver: I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new desktop does not have a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and the interface unit does not work well with USB 3.0 ports so I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ieee 1394 card crashes pc