Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After recent Window 10 updates i am unable to start Windows 10. I get to the blue window screen with the circle of dots spinning and then it stops. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianNau, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BrianNau Win User

Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??

After recent Window 10 updates i am unable to start Windows 10. I get to the blue window screen with the circle of dots spinning and then it stops. I tried rebooting in diagnotics with no luck. I have replaced hard drive and reinstalled clean Windows 10 from usb drive thinking my HD was starting to fail. I created the bootable usb with windows 10 installation this week. Everything works perfectly but once the Windows 10 update ( i believe the july cum) happens Windows 10 crashes again after startup. I believe the issue is i have to disable fast startup which i had disabled in the past due to similar issues years ago. But i understand now that the latest update is enabling fast startup. How can i disable fast startup after the update if i cant get Windows 10 to load after update in the first place?

:)

BrianNau, Jul 11, 2019
  2. DanE_954 Win User

Windows 10 fast startup issue

The latest "FORCED" update to Windows 10 from Microsoft, Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703,
    again enables "Fast Startup" in "Power Options" without giving the user a choice! And, of course, Microsoft still hasn't addressed the issue of "Fast Startup" crashing computers on boot up! Had to do a Hard Reset again to get to "Power Options",
    where I again found "Fast Startup" enabled! Would be nice if Microsoft addressed problems BEFORE releasing new versions of Windows! At least...... Do Not enable "Fast Startup" by default!!!! GGGRRRR!!!!!

DanE_954, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Windows Fast Startup causing crashes, corruptions, and (recently) user lockout

Hi MarcoA07

Fast Startup is a setting that helps your device to start faster after shutdown. Windows does this by saving the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate file on disk instead of closing it when
    you shut down the computer. Thus, disabling the Fast Startup doesn't have a adverse effect to your system.

In-line with your concern, there have been reports about hibernation or shutdown failure, crashes, or even performance issues
    which is caused by some services or drivers that failed to initialize upon startup.
    If you wish to enable this feature, I suggest that you ensure that your system is up to date by following the steps provided on this
    support article.

Let us know should you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??

Abnormal shutdowns with Fast Startup enabled

Hello - I recently (18/6/2018) set up a new laptop(Dell Vostro 5370) which for the most part is running well, but Reliability History shows frequent "Windows was not properly shut down" events, which a sleep study report from powercfg shows are associated
    with transitions into what the sleep study labels as "Shutdown (hybrid)". There are corresponding critical Kernel-Power event ID41 entries in Event Viewer. Turning off Fast Startup seems to work round the issue, but it would be good not to have to do this.
    As well as updating everything in sight I have tried the usual checks with DISM and sfc, and run the hardware checks in Dell's SupportAssist, but they show no problem. I have also run the Boot Performance (Fast Startup) assessment in the Windows Assessment
    Toolkit, but this just reports that it cannot complete the assessment owing to a system crash. Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps, or remedies? Thanks...

Michael_A_P, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled??

1. Windows 10 Crashing after Latest Updates - Fast Startup Enabled?? - Similar Threads - Crashing Latest Updates

2. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup: TLDR: Seems like Fast start up is locked on. v: 21h2b: 19044.1466exp: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0After the recent update My computer no longer shuts down. Even when shutdown is selected and options to remove fast startup are disabled. I would like to know...
  3. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup: TLDR: Seems like Fast start up is locked on. v: 21h2b: 19044.1466exp: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0After the recent update My computer no longer shuts down. Even when shutdown is selected and options to remove fast startup are disabled. I would like to know...
  4. No Post after latest updatesimilar to fast startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.: I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdownwith fast startup enabled or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. I don't want to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install I think...
  7. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  8. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  9. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  10. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is crashing after the recent updates