Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing after new update

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing after new update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the new windows update that was installed to my laptop yesterday, it has suddenly experienced random deadlocks that have never occurred before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ricky Hu, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Ricky Hu Win User

Windows 10 crashing after new update

After the new windows update that was installed to my laptop yesterday, it has suddenly experienced random deadlocks that have never occurred before.

The computer freezes and I can't move my mouse and I even after waiting 15 minutes it's still frozen, forcing me to restart the computer. I don't know if the update is exactly the cause, but the timing is too convenient for anything else.

This has been happening in intervals of every few hours after updating my laptop.

:)

Ricky Hu, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 5, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing after new update - Similar Threads - crashing update

2. Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers: Hey there everyone! I was recently installing new drivers for my 1050ti, and my laptop keeps crashing to the blue screen, then I get a NVIDIA Web Helper error Bad Image, saying that nvapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. How to fix printer crash after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix printer crash after update: Hello, I am one of those affected by the March update that broke my windows 10 when trying to print to Kyocera printer. It was only after resetting windows a few times and doing a clean reinstall that I discovered it was actually windows that was causing the issue. I tried...
  4. Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.: Good afternoon, After the latest Windows update my laptop began running slowly. Some basic features are causing apps to crash as well. Adobe Acrobat crashes if I try to "save as" another file type. Quicken crashes if I try to import a file. Edge is super slow loading...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 constantly crashes with error 0x80242016

Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 constantly crashes with error 0x80242016: Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 20H2 has not been installed 21 times. The message in "View update history" indicates "Last failed installation attempted on MM / DD / YYY - 0x80242016". Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.1256...
  6. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated: This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question: "So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  7. Mouse micro-stutters and frequent game crashes since most recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse micro-stutters and frequent game crashes since most recent update.: Since the most windows update my pc has been feeling really laggy. What I've noticed the most is what I mentioned in the title, so that my mouse cursor "stutters" as if the reception was bad (it's wireless), but I know it isn't. It has also happened to me a bunch of time that...
  8. Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing

Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing: After more than 50 attempts to update Windows from 1909, suddenly today the update took. Looking at what might have been the problem, the only thing that jumps out at me is that my Epson 3170 scanner driver disappeared. Although it is several years old, 3.0.4 is the current...
  9. New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?

New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?: Fast traslate Icon translate I have asked for help multiple times. The first two times there was some support answers, and I had mentioned that I was trying to get assistance as I couldn't fully understand the answers given. Also, there seemed to be some conflicting advice...
  10. Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update: Anyone else encountering this issue or know how to fix it? I have tried: Resetting the app Uninstall and reinstalling Minecraft Updating my graphics drivers Updating Windows it's the update that broke Minecraft Rolling back the windows update can't do it as it was a major...