Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the latest update to Windows 10 my machine will regularly crash anytime I run a Steam game no matter what the game is if I have Real-time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LelandRangel, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System

Since the latest update to Windows 10 my machine will regularly crash anytime I run a Steam game no matter what the game is if I have Real-time protection turned on (which apparently will not stay off even though I've turned it off multiple times). The fact that it will not stay off after a reboot is the most annoying thing you guys have ever produced.

Sometimes it takes a minute of playing the game, other times the game will not even load and I get a message in notification that the "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".

This has not always been this way and I've had Windows 10 running on this machine since it was out. I've always kept my machine up to date and it is only used to play games, nothing else so you can imagine my frustration that now it will not even do that. It runs behind a firewall at my modem level and another layer at my wifi router which are two separate pieces of hardware, so I'm not terribly concerned about security and run virus scans regularly. My graphics card is older, a Radeon R9 200 Series but still runs most things well and it always up to date with the latest release version or the current beta version.

I've followed every online suggestion including the following:

• uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers for the graphics card
    • uninstalled and reinstalled the games in question
    • added all games to the Exclusion list under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions
    • Added all games to Graphics settings under Display

Nothing works except for turning off Real-time protection every single time I restart because it turns itself back on again without fail.

I'm annoyed to the point of giving up on windows and windows gaming after being a customer for 20+ years and spending thousands of dollars in the gaming community on steam and elsewhere.

What can I do to permanently fix this issue?

:)

LelandRangel, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2018
  3. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System

My computer consistently crashes when playing newer Steam games

Hi Garrett,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Is this issue specific to only games? Does the system crash, when you are working on documents, using other applications, watching videos etc.

• Is the issue confined with Steam games or with any other games as well?

• Are you overclocking the graphics card?

• Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

• Is your computer custom built?

Please check the event viewer, which will give us more clarity of this issue.

If this issue is specific to Steam games, I suggest you to contact with the steam support for better assistance:

Welcome to Steam

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System

1. Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System - Similar Threads - Crashing Steam Games

2. Grounded steam game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grounded steam game crashing: Hello. i need some help with my steam game. I downloaded grounded but randomly it just closes when i play. I verifide the file integrity, and i lowerd my game frame rate. but it wont work. anyone that can help me?Extra info:i downloaded grounded from steam. i dont have it on...
  3. Grounded steam game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grounded steam game crashing: Hello. i need some help with my steam game. I downloaded grounded but randomly it just closes when i play. I verifide the file integrity, and i lowerd my game frame rate. but it wont work. anyone that can help me?Extra info:i downloaded grounded from steam. i dont have it on...
  4. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  5. Steam Games Crashing

Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  6. are all steam games available on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are all steam games available on windows 11: okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?...
  7. are all steam games available on windows 11

are all steam games available on windows 11: okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?...
  8. Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing: All of a sudden my Steam and all Steam games started crashing. These were working until 17/08. I didn't play for a week and they started crashing from 23/08. The only thing that I can think of that i installed during this time is Visual Studio 2015 Community. I tried after...
  9. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...
  10. All Game Crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Game Crash in Windows 10: I'm playing Bad Company 2(VSR 1080p) and GTA V after playing 2 hour maybe 1.5 hour game closing suddenly. Cpu Temp is so good.I use my Phenom II X6 1100T 3.8GHZ and thats fine. My English is not very well. 18333

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam preparing to launch fail