Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have laptop lenovo ideapad 320 ikb and i can't turn off it or let it sleep because everytime i try to put it sleep or turn off it show black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PokreFace, Apr 18, 2021.

1. PokreFace Win User

Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

I have laptop lenovo ideapad 320 ikb and i can't turn off it or let it sleep because everytime i try to put it sleep or turn off it show black screen but the power button light is still on and if i want to turn it off i need to use the power button and when i put it sleep i can't wake it up. I looked reliability history and it says windows stopped working so i downloaded "whocrashed" and i found 2 crash dump files :

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]On Sat 17/04/2021 21:45:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041821-95500-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]ntoskrnl.exe[/COLOR] nt+0x3F5E40
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFE40C7855F360, 0xFFFFF8011E181750, 0xFFFFE40C855226F0
    Error: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/COLOR]
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/COLOR]
    company: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1][COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]On Sat 17/04/2021 21:45:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]ntkrnlmp.exe[/COLOR] nt!MmTrimAllSystemPagableMemory+0x28907
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFE40C7855F360, 0xFFFFF8011E181750, 0xFFFFE40C855226F0
    Error: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/COLOR]
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

:)

PokreFace, Apr 18, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 18, 2021
  3. mrclose Win User
    Turning Off Hard Disk

If I set my power options to:
    Turn off Hard Disk
    (after x amount of minutes)

Turn off Moniter
    (also after so many minutes)

What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode?

I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't!

The HD will click and then nothing!
    Takes a hard shutdown and reboot to get running again!

Believe me, I've done every work-a-round, (for the last six months) and tried every suggestion in trying to fix this headache and nothing has worked!

Searching, this appears to be a problem with Windows 10 that a lot of folks have been having.
    Some have solved the problem while others have not.

Seems that no one solution is a fix for everyone.

I've disabled hybrid and hibernate using only sleep.
    Re-enabled hibernate with sleep disabled ... but the problem still exists!

And yes, I've run every chk disk and troubleshooter that I can find and ... nothing!

I figure that allowing the disk to go into idle and having the monitor shut down is the only step that I have left?

My concern is .. I don't want to shut down the pc every time I have something else that I need to do but ... I also don't want to risk something like a cooling fan going bad and my hard disk burning up when I'm not around!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

This is a snapshot of my system ...

Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off SYSTEM-SPECS.jpg

mrclose, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

1. Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off - Similar Threads - crashing can't sleep

2. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  3. Crashing/Turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing/Turning off: Hi! Hopefully you can help!Not sure why but my laptop has decided to begin crashing/turning off when I try to run games. This is a new development, but I haven’t “played” anything for months so who knows how long it’s been this way. Laptop modelAspire 3 A315-53-582LAny help...
  4. Crashing/Turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing/Turning off: Hi! Hopefully you can help!Not sure why but my laptop has decided to begin crashing/turning off when I try to run games. This is a new development, but I haven’t “played” anything for months so who knows how long it’s been this way. Laptop modelAspire 3 A315-53-582LAny help...
  5. Crashing/Turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off: I have laptop lenovo ideapad 320 ikb and i can't turn off it or let it sleep because everytime i try to put it sleep or turn off it show black screen but the power button light is still on and if i want to turn it off i need to use the power button and when i put it sleep i...
  7. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  8. Sleep and turn off times.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and turn off times.: Hi, my username is , i am really, bit computr illiterate, my excuse, i'm ninty one, they never had gas operated computers in my day ! Problem, my screen turns off if i leave it a few minutes, all a little annoying,cant seem to rectify it forever logging in. Any help (in...
  9. Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping: Hi! I have a Lenovo Yoga Book tablet that I use as a display for a home automation system. And up until one windows update a few months ago now everything was working fine. I had the tablet configured to turn off the display after 10 minutes but never go to sleep. And...
  10. Turning Off Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning Off Hard Disk: If I set my power options to: Turn off Hard Disk (after x amount of minutes) Turn off Moniter (also after so many minutes) What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode? I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't! The HD...