Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i'm having an issue on my PC lately... not sure about the problem but the issue is it randomly crash my windows, when crashing i can still use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DickelPineda, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working

Hi,

i'm having an issue on my PC lately... not sure about the problem but the issue is it randomly crash my windows, when crashing i can still use my mouse and still click some of the windows open but some parts of the windows just doesn't, opening new window or apps doesn't work or tried restarting it fails, ctrl + alt + del works but opening task manager fails the only thing to do is to force restart it using the power or reset button

tried formatting my windows 10
    The problem still there and happened again after 2 days. i didn't install some of my apps by thinking its a app conflict.

opened event viewer.

the only critical or error there is the force restart of the PC nothing more

no bluescreen dump file

this mostly happened when i'm AFK

:)

DickelPineda, Jan 24, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working

1. Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working - Similar Threads - Crashing part still

2. Some parts of the Windows 10 interface are unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some parts of the Windows 10 interface are unresponsive: Hello,For a couple of weeks, parts of the Windows 10 UI has been unresponsive. It is hard to describe, but it seems like the graphical part of the interface doesn't render on screen. But if I lock my session and unlock it, then the interface updates properly and displays on...
  3. Some parts of the Windows 10 interface are unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some parts of the Windows 10 interface are unresponsive: Hello,For a couple of weeks, parts of the Windows 10 UI has been unresponsive. It is hard to describe, but it seems like the graphical part of the interface doesn't render on screen. But if I lock my session and unlock it, then the interface updates properly and displays on...
  4. Some parts of the Windows 10 interface are unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows language changes in some parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows language changes in some parts: My brother recently set up a pc with windows on it for me, a week or two later some parts of the system changed to being in Japanese and im not sure how to change it back..for example, If i open up Terminal, most of the stuff there is in Japanese, and changing the language in...
  6. Windows language changes in some parts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows language changes in some parts: My brother recently set up a pc with windows on it for me, a week or two later some parts of the system changed to being in Japanese and im not sure how to change it back..for example, If i open up Terminal, most of the stuff there is in Japanese, and changing the language in...
  7. DirectDraw emulation still broken in Windows 10 - part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectDraw emulation still broken in Windows 10 - part 2: 2021, still broken. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directdraw-emulation-still-broken-in-windows-10/5a619148-cf1e-4813-b733-997b996b9567?page=1Not letting this rest! Has there been no official answer from Microsoft about this to this day?...
  8. Windows 10 not working w/ Mouse in Some Parts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not working w/ Mouse in Some Parts: heya not sure if its correct community to ask .. but i have weird problem w/ win 10 thats not Mouse clickable in Start menu or Windows setting ,, in same time Mouse buttons works with TASKBAR icons . it works inside apps like photoshop,.... in web chrome... ... another...
  9. Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?: I want to upgrade my Cpu, Motherboard and ram. im worried that if i do that that windows wont recognize the hardware and wont work. if i do will i be able to just log in? i only got windows 10pro via the free upgrade. i really dont want to spend the money for windows 10 if i...
  10. Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI and touchpad gesture not working sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI and touchpad gesture not working sometimes: I'm facing a strange issue with my Windows 10 machine. I'm on the latest build that is 18362.239. Sometimes part of the GUI is not working (All GUI including the settings UI). new For example, if i have chrome opened. When the issue occurs, I'm not able to move the...