Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since late April/the beginning of May, my computer has been crashing multiple times a day, every single day, in a number of different ways. On any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by g blair, Jul 4, 2018.

1. g blair Win User

Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?

Ever since late April/the beginning of May, my computer has been crashing multiple times a day, every single day, in a number of different ways. On any given day, I'll encounter at least one or two of the following problems:

1. Colorful, horizontal lines appear across screen, Windows freezes, doesn't unfreeze until I restart my desktop manually.
    2. Windows crashes or freezes sometime during startup, restarts, and typically repeats the cycle a few times before successfully starting up.
    3. Desktop turns on, nothing displays. Doesn't turn on properly until I've unplugged everything and restarted multiple times. This sometimes takes hours. It has gotten somewhat better since plugging my desktop into a new power source, however, I still notice this happening if I haven't unplugged all USB devices.
    4. Screen goes black and stays black before I get to the login page.
    5. Windows starts up successfully, allows me to login, I walk away for two seconds and come back to find it's crashed or shut itself down.
    6. Various blue screens appear seemingly at random, usually: "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL", "KM", "MODE TRAP", "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE", but more often than not there is no stop code at all.
    7. Windows freezes during blue screen, or during automatic restart following blue screen.
    8. Windows starts to update, freezes at 75%, freezes again on reboot, eventually restores itself.
    9. Windows just freezes at random. Sometimes, I don't have a single program open.
    10. On two occasions, vertical and horizontal lines appeared while Windows was booting up, and the typical "beep" that my desktop makes while starting up didn't stop until I force restarted.
    11. I've also encountered Windows crashing and attempting to repair itself to no avail several times, and have had to use system restore.

My desktop is an Acer Aspire X3400, x64-based, AMI P01-B1 BIOS, AMD Athlon(tm) || X2 215 Processor, 2700 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processor. My current OS is version 10.0.16299 Build 16299.

Both my wireless mouse and wireless keyboard are Logitech, and I have read several threads about these devices causing problems; I've updated the drivers as many times as humanly possible, but it doesn't really seem to make much of a difference -- the only thing that really seems to help is unplugging them before I turn on my desktop, and even then, something tends to go awry once it's in use.

I've tried numerous fixes (updating Windows, updating drivers, different command prompts that didn't work) and literally nothing seems to have made a significant difference. I've been hoping that this problem will just go away for a while, now, but it seems as though it isn't going to, and it's becoming enormously troublesome. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

g blair, Jul 4, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?

1. Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months? - Similar Threads - crashing constantly past

2. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  3. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  4. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue Screens for the past two months: Ever since the beginning of 2022 I have had very sporadic and random BSOD, every time there is a different stop code that Windows displays as the reason and I cannot replicate the BSOD with anything specific to try and narrow down what changes are helping or not. Im getting...
  6. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Blue Screens for the past two months: Ever since the beginning of 2022 I have had very sporadic and random BSOD, every time there is a different stop code that Windows displays as the reason and I cannot replicate the BSOD with anything specific to try and narrow down what changes are helping or not. Im getting...
  7. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

8. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  9. BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month

BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month: Hi All, Our family computer has been crashing off and on for the past month. I say family computer, because my son has turned it into his gaming computer. So, there are additional variables that I needed to consider in diagnosing the reason for it crashing. He did get a...
  10. Internet Speed Problems past two months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Speed Problems past two months: I use Xfinity for my internet provider. (Insert joke here) I was paying for 275 mbps and would get that about 1/3rd of the time. So I upgraded to 500 mbps. My connection goes even slower. Initial I was just hard wired in through the ethernet connection but do to speeds...