Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MRJSP, Oct 21, 2019.

1. MRJSP Win User

Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading a windows update. Something must've gone wrong because I got a message saying something along the lines of could not install back, restoring old settings.

Ever since the my laptop has become very unresponsive and progressively worse and worse. Now it takes ages to start and often fails to boot. When it does boot it locks up and freezes being completely unresponsive. I can start in safe mode and runs fine in safe mode.

Initially I tried a system restore but this only seemed to make the problem worse. I tried updating the drivers, running cmd sfc/ scannow, uninstalling recent programs but nothing seems to help. I even now have done a system reset from windows recovery but again it didn't work.

Is there anything I can do or try to resolve this or is my laptop dead?

Thank you in advance.

:)

MRJSP, Oct 21, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 21, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 21, 2019
  4. SiSig_ Win User

SiSig_, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt. - Similar Threads - crashing freezing update

2. Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update: So up until mid August my PC has worked completely fine but now for the last few weeks ever since the August 2019 Windows Update my computer has been constantly crashing. At first I would get roughly 5 - 10 blue screens a day before I got fed up and did a rollback on the...
  3. Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.: Main Issue Whenever I try to update Windows 10, the laptop begins installing the update, then when it restarts to continue installing the update, I can see the windows logo with the spinning dots, however when this disappears the screen stays on a black screen. I have tried...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after Update

Windows 10 freezes after Update: So I've just updated and restarted my pc bht after booting I got a screen that said 35% installed, please wait. After restarting it a couple of times and trying to boot into safe mode it now gets stuck in the login screen. I could not get past the login screen. This isnt the...
  5. WMP causing crash/freeze specifically after updates

WMP causing crash/freeze specifically after updates: For the last year or more, whenever my computer has recently had a windows update, I can't use windows media player or related apps after. Usually it starts to work again after a few days or less. If I click on wmp I just get a total freeze and have to restart the computer....
  6. Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login

Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login: As the title says, the whole desktop freezes after I've logged in. I can get the Ctrl + Alt + Delete menu up but task manager wont appear until the desktop finally sorts itself out. My wallpaper doesn't appear while it's frozen (grey screen) and the little cortana mic is also...
  7. Windows 10 freezing after update

Windows 10 freezing after update: My computer keeps freezing after the update that came out in April. My computer updated back in April when it came out and the freezing started so I rolled back to the last update and I no longer had the problem but now the update was force pushed out a couple days ago and...
  8. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Windows 10 freezes and crashes: Since the day I installed W10 (which was way back in September) I've been getting random freezes and crashes with buzzing noises. I've recently looked up some solutions and tried them all: changing my power plan settings, updating drivers, turning off most of the background...
  9. Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login: Hi, just upgraded from win 7 to win 10, the system boots up fine untill i get to a blue screen that says, "Hi there, welcome back!" followed by a space for my password. Where the trouble starts is if i enter my password the computer does a sort of freeze, everything stays...
  10. Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes: After I click on a few windows after a long time after startup, explorer stops responding. It detects a crash and restarts itself. When it completes, this shows: [img] Only the main features of the taskbar show and no buttons work. When I hover over the taskbar the...