Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MRJSP, Oct 21, 2019.

1. MRJSP Win User

Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading a windows update. Something must've gone wrong because I got a message saying something along the lines of could not install back, restoring old settings.

Ever since the my laptop has become very unresponsive and progressively worse and worse. Now it takes ages to start and often fails to boot. When it does boot it locks up and freezes being completely unresponsive. I can start in safe mode and runs fine in safe mode.

Initially I tried a system restore but this only seemed to make the problem worse. I tried updating the drivers, running cmd sfc/ scannow, uninstalling recent programs but nothing seems to help. I even now have done a system reset from windows recovery but again it didn't work.

Is there anything I can do or try to resolve this or is my laptop dead?

Thank you in advance.

:)

MRJSP, Oct 21, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 21, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 21, 2019
  4. SiSig_ Win User

SiSig_, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt. - Similar Threads - crashing freezing update

2. After failed "Reset" Windows 10 crashed and won't start after Update attempt. "Unexpected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After failed "Reset" Windows 10 crashed and won't start after Update attempt. "Unexpected...: I had problems with some updates so tried a reset after "update trouble shooter", SFC scan, DISM scan, and manually attempting the updates all failed. This is a current and otherwise up-to-date Windows 10 Home system. After the failed reset, it did boot one time and I...
  3. After failed "Reset" Windows 10 crashed and won't start after Update attempt. "Unexpected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After failed "Reset" Windows 10 crashed and won't start after Update attempt. "Unexpected...: I had problems with some updates so tried a reset after "update trouble shooter", SFC scan, DISM scan, and manually attempting the updates all failed. This is a current and otherwise up-to-date Windows 10 Home system. After the failed reset, it did boot one time and I...
  4. After failed "Reset" Windows 10 crashed and won't start after Update attempt. "Unexpected...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Update Freezes and Crashes

Windows 10 20H2 Update Freezes and Crashes: I am facing severe screen freezing and crash issue in Windows 10 which occurs randomly and multiple times. I have tried everything from updating the display drivers to using the NVidea driver for the display, but the error persists. There seems to be no online answers for...
  6. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems (KB4592438), it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with...
  7. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems KB4592438, it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with a...
  8. Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update: So up until mid August my PC has worked completely fine but now for the last few weeks ever since the August 2019 Windows Update my computer has been constantly crashing. At first I would get roughly 5 - 10 blue screens a day before I got fed up and did a rollback on the...
  9. Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login: Hi, just upgraded from win 7 to win 10, the system boots up fine untill i get to a blue screen that says, "Hi there, welcome back!" followed by a space for my password. Where the trouble starts is if i enter my password the computer does a sort of freeze, everything stays...
  10. Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes: After I click on a few windows after a long time after startup, explorer stops responding. It detects a crash and restarts itself. When it completes, this shows: [img] Only the main features of the taskbar show and no buttons work. When I hover over the taskbar the...