Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing frequently

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing frequently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?

kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018
  2. rinjo Win User

Hi,

My Windows 10 Home installation is crashing frequently. I just had a second crash within a weeks time.

First crash: 04/12/18
    During the first crash I was viewing a webinar when the system crashed, reporting a 'page fault in the non-paged pool area'. The application running at that point was Chrome browser.

Second crash: 04/18/18
    Today I was just doing normal browsing on Opera and Windows Module Installer was running in the background installing some updates. Today too the reason of crash was 'page fault in non-paged pool area'. The application running is reported as TiWorker.exe.

I am attaching the .zip file with all details collected by the utility from tenforums. DESKTOP-JBPGGKH-Wed_04_18_2018_193436_92.zip

I am getting a bit concerned because I have already lost lot of data due hard disk due to corruption resulting from frequent crashes on the same system. I do not want to loose any more data or the new hard disk.

Please help me in finding what is wrong with the system.

regards,

:)

rinjo, Apr 17, 2018
  3. vvashisht Win User
    vvashisht, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys)

My Dell computer with Windows 10 crashes frequently, displaying Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys). When the computer restarts the clock always indicates 1 hour earlier than before the crash. What is the problem?

Mergatroyd 01, Apr 17, 2018
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello Rinjo,

Are you using Avast?

Please uninstall this and see if it makes a difference. Windows defender will be used instead.

Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys[/quote]

philc43, Apr 17, 2018
  6. rinjo Win User
    Ok, I will do that and check.
    The crashes are at different places due to non-paged pool corruption. Any thoughts on that?

rinjo, Apr 18, 2018
  7. rinjo Win User
    Another BSOD crash today. This it 2 crashes in 2 consecutive days!

Scenario of last 3 crashes;
    1. Recording webinar - exactly 1 week back
    2. Browsing the net and Windows Installer running in the background - yesterday
    3. Recording webinar - today

This is getting very unstable and unreliable.
    Also I do not want to loose any more data due to corruptions.

New dump attached. DESKTOP-JBPGGKH-Thu_04_19_2018_194610_70.zip

Please help.

-

rinjo, Apr 18, 2018
  8. rinjo Win User

Windows 10 crashing frequently

@philc43
    I have uninstalled avast from my system as you suggested. Fingers crossed.

rinjo, Apr 18, 2018
  9. rinjo Win User
    2 more crashes after I posted the latest dump file. 1 yesterday and 1 today. Both crashes were without Avast Antivirus installed on the system.
    I am a beginning to panic a bit. No more confident on the stability of this laptop.

Someone please help and share some pointers.

rinjo, Apr 19, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    Keep posting the crash dumps so that we can build up a picture of what is happening. I agree that Avast can now be ruled out.

philc43, Apr 19, 2018
  11. rinjo Win User
    It looks like all the dumps from minidump folder has been raised during the subsequent crashes.

14:13:21.44: Copying mini dump filesC:\WINDOWS\minidump\*.dmpThe system cannot find the file specified. 0 file(s) copied.

Anyway I am uploading the details captured by the tool about my system.

Btw, yesterday after I posted I had another series of crashes and after sometime I started getting BSOD half way through boot. I figured that something must be wrong with the hardware, so I ran a 'Memory Test'. Memory test failed almost instantly.
    I removed the one of the 2 4GB RAM modules from my system and ran Memory Test again. This time it passed.
    The system has booted up properly since, and I was also able to run the videos/webinar that was resulting in crash previously.
    It looks like the RAM module had gone bad and was corrupting the non-page pool resulting in the crashes.

Let us see how stable the system remains running with just one RAM module.
    Here is the new dump collect... DESKTOP-JBPGGKH-Sat_04_21_2018_141319_94.zip

-

rinjo, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing frequently

1. Windows 10 crashing frequently - Similar Threads - crashing frequently

2. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  3. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  4. I'm having a problem that is causing my discord to frequently crash and will occasionally...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a problem that is causing my discord to frequently crash and will occasionally...: Not only is discord crashing it fails to open most of the time or will crash right as I click on a server or dm. I've noticed that it usually crashes while I'm in game overwatch 2. I've tried to fresh install discord deleted all discord related files/cache files, tried...
  5. I'm having a problem that is causing my discord to frequently crash and will occasionally...

I'm having a problem that is causing my discord to frequently crash and will occasionally...: Not only is discord crashing it fails to open most of the time or will crash right as I click on a server or dm. I've noticed that it usually crashes while I'm in game overwatch 2. I've tried to fresh install discord deleted all discord related files/cache files, tried...
  6. New PC system crashes frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC system crashes frequently: I recently put together a new gaming pc. However, i keep running into my PC crashing Bug check code 0x1000007e It seems to be caused by drivers i think but i'm not entirely sure how to repair/replace or update them. Can anyone help me out? I added some pictures of the DMP...
  7. New PC system crashes frequently

New PC system crashes frequently: I recently put together a new gaming pc. However, i keep running into my PC crashing Bug check code 0x1000007e It seems to be caused by drivers i think but i'm not entirely sure how to repair/replace or update them. Can anyone help me out? I added some pictures of the DMP...
  8. I'm getting frequent crashes on my computer blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting frequent crashes on my computer blue screen: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d4 0xfffff8045eaeedd0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8044763221f. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031624-14828-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  9. I'm getting frequent crashes on my computer blue screen

I'm getting frequent crashes on my computer blue screen: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d4 0xfffff8045eaeedd0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8044763221f. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031624-14828-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  10. Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.: --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 1818866698650931750, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: THXService.exe P2: 1.0.0.1 P3: 5d81b8c9 P4: StackHash_b1cc P5:...