Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens)

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I posted recently how ever since I upgraded my machine and was forced to also update my OS to Win10, I have had a lot more bluescreens. I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hephalumph, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens)

So I posted recently how ever since I upgraded my machine and was forced to also update my OS to Win10, I have had a lot more bluescreens.

I never realized exactly how drastic that change was until I started logging the crashes these past 2 days. Here are the ones I caught (there were also at least 5 or 6 where I came back to a freshly rebooted machine after having left it alone for a time, but was unable to log the bluescreen) - that means no fewer than a dozen crashes in 48 hours.

irql not less or equal: 12/7/2019 9:08PM

Browsing Reddit, just finished watching video in current page, was about to comment. Multiple other Chrome tabs open, no other software running or used within last half hour.

system service exception (fltmgr.sys): 12/8/2019 3:06PM

Browsing Reddit, recently (~ 2 minutes prior) finished watching youtube video in separate tab, which was closed. Multiple other Chrome tabs open, no other software running. Had played MTG:Arena ~ 10 minutes prior.

dpc watchdog violation: 12/9/2019 1:17AM

after several minutes of inactivity, went to perform a web search. Moused over Chrome browser (left open during inactivity), before I could click to change focus or use any keyboard shortcuts, computer froze for several moments before going to bluescreen.

kernel autoboost invalid lock release: 12/9/2019 3:08AM

Chrome open in background. Unpinned multiple (a dozen?) items from jumplist for Adobe Acrobat, opened file explorer and was rearranging pdf files in multiple folders (on non-ssd, non-boot drive).

apc index mismatch: 12/9/2019 3:16PM

After fresh boot, nothing opened except file explorer. Resumed sorting/rearranging files (on non-ssd, non-boot drive).

irql not less or equal: 12/9/2019 7:16PM

Just finished playing MTG:Arena, closed it out. Opened Chrome and had been browsing about 1 minute. Multiple Chrome tabs open.

kmode exception not handled: 12/9/19 9:05PM

Chrome open in background w/ multiple tabs. Working in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, a form fillable sheet with heavy usage of Javascript.

Most of the time, I will have at least 3 tabs open in Chrome... Gmail, Facebook, and Reddit. I also often have one to three more tabs of random browsing, which most often include YouTube, GMBinder, IMGUR, Wikipedia, IMDB, Google Play Books, Google Docs, DropBox, and random google searches/results/links. I rarely have more than 6 tabs open at once, though it can happen.

Here's the system as of now:

Type​
    Item
    CPU (new)
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
    Motherboard (new)
    Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Memory (new)
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
    System Drive (new)
    Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    Storage
    OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB 3.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage
    Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage
    Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Windforce OC Video Card
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF XB (Black) ATX Desktop Case
    Power Supply (new)
    PowerSpec 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
    Operating System (new)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
    Monitor
    Sceptre 30" C305W-2560UN 2560x1080p Ultra Wide
    Keyboard
    Logitech G19 Wired Standard Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball​

Several people have asked me about the motherboard. I cannot say it is not the issue, but it has been updated to the latest BIOS, and is not overclocked. There is no overheating evident, though it runs a bit hotter than the Intel processors I am used to at idle, it seems to heat up less at load than they did. As far as my admittedly limited troubleshooting skills can tell, it is most likely a software issue...

I use BitDefender, have the full Adobe CC suite installed, along with Blender, Chrome, Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin, MTG:Arena, and The Outer Worlds. That's about it.

I know Chrome seems to be a super common theme. But it is updated properly, and I have always used it in the past. Also, I am on the browser at least 10 times as much as any other software title I have, so it is just natural it will show up more often. There have been at least a few crashes that happened when Chrome was not open.

submitted by /u/hephalumph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hephalumph, Dec 9, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 9, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    Crash with no logs?

The dumps from VM are pointing to memory, but that isn't really helpful because it could be entirely different for the main system.

What I would need to have is collected files from the main system.

When you talk about crashes, what kind of crashes exactly are you talking about?
    1. Freeze crashes,
    2. Bluescreen crashes,
    3. Shutdown/restart crashes.
    A lot think that all of them create dump files, but only a bluescreen creates a dump file because with a freeze crash the system can't respond and with a shutdown/restart crash there isn't time for it.

axe0, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens)

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens)

1. Windows 10 Crashing (manual log of bluescreens) - Similar Threads - Crashing manual log

2. Windows 10 not booting after manual crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not booting after manual crash: I recently manually crashed my Windows 10 Laptop to see something, and now it goes in automatic repair, tries to fix and fails doing so.I will simply try to reset the computer and see if it fixes. But could someone help me on why it happened?...
  3. Windows 10 not booting after manual crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting after manual crash: I recently manually crashed my Windows 10 Laptop to see something, and now it goes in automatic repair, tries to fix and fails doing so.I will simply try to reset the computer and see if it fixes. But could someone help me on why it happened?...
  4. Windows 10 not booting after manual crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 crashed with bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashed with bluescreen: Windows 10 crashed with bluescreen when resuming from sleep When I woke my Windows 10 laptop from sleep, it suddenly crashed with a bluescreen error: WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT.What might have caused this error, and what can I do to fix it? Link Minidump:...
  6. Crashing and Bluescreen on Windows 10

Crashing and Bluescreen on Windows 10: i tried reinstall the windows, and when setting up DOCP Profile 1 on my Memory Gskill TridentZ Neo 3600Mhz CL16 from the Manufacture this blue screen appear after 4 days PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Event Viewer Error Listed : The bugcheck was: 0x00000050...
  7. Windows 10 crashing bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing bluescreens: Hello, since i got my new pre-built PC, its been randomly crashing my games, or just blue screening out of nowhere. here is the picture of analyzed minidumps.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Manually Deleting Logs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually Deleting Logs: I have a lot of logs in the Windows\System32\winevt\Logs folder. Can you delete theses? I went into the Event Viewer and the logs are cleared there but yet there is still a lot of logs in that folder. What's going on? submitted by /u/SightUp [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Crash (bluescreen)

Windows Crash (bluescreen): Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 10e Parameter 1: 2d Parameter 2: ffffb20e38022b30 Parameter 3: ffffb20e38ae0d20 Parameter 4: ffff830b1ab86e70 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033...
  10. Bluescreen Crashes in Windows 10

Bluescreen Crashes in Windows 10: I have a Intel Core I7 7820 and a Asus x299 prime deluxe motherboard and I am getting all kinds of errors and reboots, any idea what caused them? 91995