Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing often

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing often in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to fix a colleague's laptop which keeps crashing. It's a HP Probook 430 running Windows 10 Pro. I have exported a day's worth of error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neil Widdowson, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 crashing often

Hi I'm trying to fix a colleague's laptop which keeps crashing. It's a HP Probook 430 running Windows 10 Pro. I have exported a day's worth of error logs, where it crashed a lot more than normal while I was trying to figure out the issue. I've tried updating all of the drivers from the HP website. It has aparently always been crashing since she got it a few months ago, but today it's done it a lot.

Link to the logs here.

If anyone can help me figure out what it might be that'd be great. Thanks in advance! Windows 10 crashing often :D

:)

Neil Widdowson, Nov 27, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashing often

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing often

1. Windows 10 crashing often - Similar Threads - crashing often

2. My Windows10 laptop often randomly crashes into BSOD, with multiple types of exceptions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows10 laptop often randomly crashes into BSOD, with multiple types of exceptions.: Hi, My Windows 10 often crashes into BSOD Blue screen crash randomly & frequently. I have quite a few DMP files which are present/collected while crashes in recent days. I would request to have those DMP files analysed to help me root causing out & provide a...
  3. Dwm.exe crashes often.

Dwm.exe crashes often.: Windows 10 1909 18363.815. Keeping the latest update. Recently I often run into this issue- the screen will turn black for a moment and then recover, but the night light or color filter will loss. I have found that when this happens, there'll be an error in windows log as...
  4. HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface

HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface: I have always had challenges running Hardware Virtualization on my HP Envy x360 laptop. Every time I enable it, the system won't boot and after several boot attempts the system will boot into recovery mode. I ended up getting back into the BIOS and disabling the Hardware...
  5. Can anyone tell me what this is? Every so often my computer crashes. I fought some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone tell me what this is? Every so often my computer crashes. I fought some...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DelMundoMundial [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3pwvn/can_anyone_tell_me_what_this_is_every_so_often_my/
  6. Win 10 crashes often, how can I read MEMORY.DMP files?

Win 10 crashes often, how can I read MEMORY.DMP files?: Hello, Thanks for reading. I have an issue where my computer will suddenly reboot for no apparent reason. Over the last week or so my PC has been powering down but today it rebooted fully by itself. I checked with event viewer and this time I have a crash dump...
  7. Windows Explorer Crashing Every so Often?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Crashing Every so Often?: So I got KB4551762 recently, and the day of the update Windows Explorer would crash every 15 minutes or so and Avast refused to start. After a fresh reinstall of Avast and multiple scans (I thought it was a virus at first) the problem sorta went away-ish? Right now it only...
  8. multiple programs crashing and often blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple programs crashing and often blue screen: Hi, I'm having problems with my HP Folio 9470m for some time. I was having blue screens but not that often, maybe once in a week. Anyways, I grew tired of it and did a clean install of Windows 10(I thought it would have solved the problems). Just to be clear I did a format of...
  9. Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes

Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes: Hi, I have had an open thread under a different topic on this forum Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly and have been referred to this topic. Basically the PC randomly goes into black screen for 5-10 seconds and then recovers and carries on as normal. Also, it crashes often...
  10. Laptop crashes (sometimes freezes and sometimes shows blue screen) often, specially when...

Laptop crashes (sometimes freezes and sometimes shows blue screen) often, specially when...: Hi, My laptop keeps either just freezing or showing a windows blue screen saying the computer crashed. This happens usually when it is charging. It has been doing this way too often so I tried to reset windows to factory setting to see if it would fix the issue, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashing too often