Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As of yesterday, my computer consistently crashes whenever put into hibernation, or the one time I accidentally clicked "sign out" instead of "task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Midnight9814651, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out

As of yesterday, my computer consistently crashes whenever put into hibernation, or the one time I accidentally clicked "sign out" instead of "task manager". The error is 0xC0000001 each time. I press the button, my monitors shut off, my computer continues running, and then it crashes. I have used chkdsk /f, chkdsk /r, sfc /scannow, and the DISM. The first time it crashed, my computer installed Microsoft Teams for some reason, even though I don't remember ever installing Office, even. So I tried to uninstall it and Office, but there are still remnants on my computer - Something called "Update" in the Windows Task Manager that points to a nonexistent location called

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe" --uninstall --msiUninstall --source=default

and something else called "Microsoft Teams" - with a proper Microsoft Teams icon, I might add - which points to

"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe" --uninstall --msiUninstall --source=default

I don't see any remnants of Office, fortunately.

Also, something strange happened where my network adapter disabled itself after some time less than a few hours after I booted it up from the shutdown I performed after the first crash and power on to see what had happened, and it completely failed at a later point I don't remember if I had restarted or tested hibernating again before this, so I restarted the computer, which made it work again, and downloaded the latest driver for it, which fixed that at least.

I'll note that the uninstaller for Teams' auto-installer froze and I had to end the process the first time around, and that I had problems with the command prompt freezing up when doing one of the commands mentioned at the top, which was fixed by restarting.

:)

Midnight9814651, Feb 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Feb 1, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out

1. Windows 10 Crashing on Hibernation or Sign-Out - Similar Threads - Crashing Hibernation Sign

2. Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out: My windows 10 hp envy laptop is requiring a PIN number and only a PIN number to sign in. Usually I can unlock it with a fingerprint, and when that occasionally fails it asks for a pin or gives me sign in options. I never use a pin. Instead I sign in using one of the options....
  3. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  4. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  5. Signing out in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing out in Windows 10: When I "Sign Off", either by Ctrl-Alt-Del, or going through User name in start menu, the screen goes blank, I am unable to wake it through the mouse or keyboard. I have to power it down and restart it. This has\is been happening to several users in my office, I've tried on...
  6. Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Sign in and Sign out of Photos app in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Photos app with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies,...
  7. Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop...
  8. Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 How to Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the...
  9. Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign out of Windows 10: How to: Sign out of Windows 10 How to Sign out of Windows 10 When you sign out of Windows, all of the apps you were using are closed, but the PC isn't turned off. Another person can sign in without needing to restart the PC. This tutorial will show you different...
  10. Windows 10 Sign Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sign Out: I have been working with Windows 10 since they launched it with no problems. About a week ago the Sign Out drop down disappeared. When I click on my name the Apps Menu closes. If I hover on my name, nothing happens. I have been signing out using task manager. Any ideas? 26265

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 crash hibernate