Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing on installing new WD Blu SN550 NVM SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing on installing new WD Blu SN550 NVM SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently bought WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD1 TBhttps://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS250G2B0C and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nehashr, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Nehashr Win User

Windows 10 crashing on installing new WD Blu SN550 NVM SSD

I recently bought WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD1 TBhttps://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS250G2B0C and installed into my laptopMSI GV72 7RD-833UK. The installation was successful and the laptop works fine. I used Macrium software to clone HDD to SSD.

But it has only one problem, whenever it wakes up from sleep mode it crashes windows 10. And all my previously opened programs get closed automatically, due to this crash. In Windows 10 Event viewer, I am getting two errors:

Error:

Event 161, volmgr

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Critical:

Event 41, Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

:)

Nehashr, Oct 8, 2020
  2. aidose Win User

M.2 SSD isn’t showing as boot option

Here’s the problem. Last night I installed the WD BLUE SN550 NVMe SSD and installed windows on it and I launched the computer, reinstalled things and everything was great. However, I am looking to remove my other SSD which was my windows previously, as it
    is causing a lot of problems so I was trying to set the M.2 SSD as a boot option. It does not appear in the boot options menu for the UEFI Bios Utility. This is what I need help with.

New SSD:

WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD

Motherboard:

Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING ATX Motherboard.

aidose, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Blued screen crashes using a SSD with system installed

Windows installled on a SSD when I run secondlife it freezes and then I get a blu screen crash coming up with WHEA unrecoverable error

StephenLong061, Oct 8, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing on installing new WD Blu SN550 NVM SSD - Similar Threads - crashing installing Blu

2. I need help installing windows 10 on a wd 770 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help installing windows 10 on a wd 770 ssd: I have been trying to install win10 on a ssd since yesterday with no luck I have tried a lot of different things with no success can anyone help?...
  3. I need help installing windows 10 on a wd 770 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help installing windows 10 on a wd 770 ssd: I have been trying to install win10 on a ssd since yesterday with no luck I have tried a lot of different things with no success can anyone help?...
  4. WD SSD with Windows 10 will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD SSD with Windows 10 will not boot: Hi. I recently bought a WD SSD to put on a desktop Dell inspiron 3847, I made my installation media on a USB, I installed the SSD with its SATA connection exactly in the place of the old HDD with the exact same cables, I booted off the USB and installed windows 10 normally,...
  5. Brand new WD Blue SN550 designated a Generic disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Brand new WD Blue SN550 designated a Generic disk: I bought a bigger nvme ssd drive to upgrade my storage capacity and plan to put the original aside as the back-up. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my existing drive to the new one using an external nvme enclosure for the new one. The clone completed without issue, but one...
  6. Windows 10 gets NVM SSD drive monitoring capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 gets NVM SSD drive monitoring capabilities: Future versions of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will monitor NVM SSD storage devices to notify users about critical conditions. Microsoft notes on a support page that Windows monitors NVM SSD drives exclusively, and that the monitoring is not active for SATA SSD...
  7. Blued screen crashes using a SSD with system installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blued screen crashes using a SSD with system installed: Windows installled on a SSD when I run secondlife it freezes and then I get a blu screen crash coming up with WHEA unrecoverable error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blued-screen-crashes-using-a-ssd-with-system/f26a2ef6-6d1d-4176-aa80-07a78632db95
  8. Lenovo Flex 5 - problems with WD Blue SN550 nvme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Flex 5 - problems with WD Blue SN550 nvme: I just purchased a new SSD Western Digital blue SN550 nvme 500gb storage. Was able to install windows 10 from a USB bootable but first time it boots it runs the winload.efi 0xc0000225. Trying to fixboot, disable secure boot, uefi to Legacy but always same result. Not even...
  9. New WD SSD Ext offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New WD SSD Ext offline: I have a WD SSD 500GB drive in my Acer Aspire running Win 10 Pro. Ver 1909. I have a Sabrent Ext case with a WD SSD 1TB drive in it. The machine sees it but Explorer doesn't. It shows Disk 1 I disk management as Offline and Unallocated. Msg I get is 'Offline (The disk is...
  10. External SSD and NVM / M2 ssd with adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External SSD and NVM / M2 ssd with adapter: Hi there. is there any advantage over using a bog standard SSD drive with SATA-->USB / USBC connector in using a NVM M2 type with the appropriate USB connector as external devices. The speed of the USB connection would be the limiting factor but other considerations e.g...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sn550 blue screen