Windows 10: WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating

Discus and support WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been randomly restarting without warning quite often and it has been quite annoying. I downloaded HWMonitor and saw that, with only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manuel_Ah, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Manuel_Ah Win User

WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating

My computer has been randomly restarting without warning quite often and it has been quite annoying. I downloaded HWMonitor and saw that, with only minecraft and a minecraft server open, at one point my CPU Cores temps were in the 90s C. I had a feeling that the crashing is caused by the temperatures but I don't really know what to do. The crashing might be due to the temps reaching 100C. Im not very tech savvy.

:)

Manuel_Ah, Jun 9, 2020

2. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Hold on a bit...
    I cannot find case specs anywhere. I Googled "HP Pavilion p6300 series case specs" and it came up with product info, motherboard replacements, and Ebay listings. I clicked on the product info they had on HP's website, and that only told me how to change screen resolution and how much storage it has. I've pretty much hit a dead end here, and, uh... Yeah. That's it. I've hit a dead end here. If anyone would know just by some photos I took with my phone if this CPU would have some nice temperatures, that would be neat.

WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating [​IMG]

And about these sideways pictures, well, that is just how badly Windows 10 and iOS 9.1 go together.

Qwertyfish01, Jun 9, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating

Windows 10 causing overheating???

This is a little bit long-winded, but I'm hoping you'll bear with me.

A couple of weeks ago, I allowed my server (a 7-year-old HP ProLiant ML115) to automatically upgrade itself from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional. So far, so good. Or so I thought.

At the beginning of the week, I started having problems with the Windows 10 installation. All of a sudden I couldn't click on the Start button, and had to launch programs by browsing to them on File Explorer and launching them that way. After I had a discussion with one of our IT guys at work, he advised that the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 has a 50% success/fail rate. If I remember correctly, the exact phrase he used was "train-wreck".

So, downloaded the ISO, burned it to DVD and installed Windows 10 Pro as a clean build.

Now I've got a different problem. For the first time in the 7 years since I bought the server, it's automatically closed itself down because it's overheating. Now, I'm prepared to believe that there may be a hardware issue at the bottom of this, but before I spend time (and probably money) trying to trace the component that's causing the machine to overheat, I want to make sure that there isn't likely to be a software issue (i.e. the Operating System) at fault.

Does anyone know if Windows 10 has been proved to cause overheating in host machines? If so, is it a particular app or piece of software that would be causing it? I did some digging earlier where someone had suggested that perhaps the issue was coming from Windows Defender. The issue I've got with that is that as far as I can see it isn't possible to permanently disable Defender, so if it IS Defender I'd need to be able to hack it out in favour of an alternative security package.

So, bottom line: hardware, software of OS?

ianbhenderson73, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating

1. WIndows 10 Crashing Possible Cause of CPU Overheating - Similar Threads - Crashing Possible Cause

2. PC Overheating Possibly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Overheating Possibly?: Hey,So randomly my pc's screen will shut off then the sound goes and ill have to hold the power button to turn off then back on and it happens semi-regularly.When the screen turns off, I hear fans in my PC go full speed. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now and then...
  3. PC Overheating Possibly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Overheating Possibly?: Hey,So randomly my pc's screen will shut off then the sound goes and ill have to hold the power button to turn off then back on and it happens semi-regularly.When the screen turns off, I hear fans in my PC go full speed. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now and then...
  4. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  5. CPU overheating

CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  6. CPU Utilization and Overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  7. CPU Overheating!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  8. CPU Overheating!!!

CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  9. CPU Overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Overheating: Recently, I have been having a problem of high CPU temperature. It usually begins with 40C, then quickly goes up to the upper 80’s especially if I try running a game. I use Speccy to monitor the temperature. I have completed a whole clean up of the PC and had the same...
  10. Windows 10 causing overheating???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 causing overheating???: This is a little bit long-winded, but I'm hoping you'll bear with me. A couple of weeks ago, I allowed my server (a 7-year-old HP ProLiant ML115) to automatically upgrade itself from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional. So far, so good. Or so I thought. At the...