Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had quite the problem with Windows 10 crashing randomly on me. Here's my system's info: MB: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS RAM: two Kingston 16GB, 2133... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuanPablo2018, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 crashing randomly

I have had quite the problem with Windows 10 crashing randomly on me. Here's my system's info:

MB: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS

RAM: two Kingston 16GB, 2133 MHz sticks

CPU: i7-930 2.8GHz LGA 1366

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080

System drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 500gig

The system is about two years old, and has been rock solid until just recently. I've been having BSOD appear more and more frequently over the past few weeks, now it crashes just a few minutes after starting up. Very annoying! I checked the C drive repeatedly, no errors. I ran Windows file system checker, "sfc /scannow" repeatedly, no errors. I ran Windows "mdsched.exe" memory checker a number of times, no errors.

I've tried unplugging anything not vital to the computer, including all the drives except the system drive, no change.

I tried booting in Safe Mode, and lo and behold, the thing is crash free! "What?!! I know!" But I can't live my life in Safe Mode, so I continue on.

I created a Windows installation disc using MediaCreationTool version 1809, and installed Windows 10 on another drive. I still have crashes on this copy of Windows, but less often, about every 20-30 minutes. I've zipped and uploaded a file containing the MEMORY.DMP files from the last four crashes, and the three Minidump folders that came with them. The last crash did not create a Minidump folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxrKCW2qmHncl1TOzrBJuntudY (713 MB)

Please help!

:)

JuanPablo2018, Oct 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 crashing randomly

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing randomly

1. Windows 10 crashing randomly - Similar Threads - crashing randomly

2. I keep getting random USB crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting random USB crashes.: I keep getting random USB crashes and in the reliability monitor I found this.Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎11/‎05/‎2024 01:31 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event...
  3. I keep getting random USB crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting random USB crashes.: I keep getting random USB crashes and in the reliability monitor I found this.Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎11/‎05/‎2024 01:31 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event...
  4. Random crashing in certain games only help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing in certain games only help: Hi, I started having my pc crash when playing DX12 games like metro exodus and this other game called backroom break, My whole pc will shut down or restart itself as if the power is lost, I have switched out the power supply from the toughpower GX2 to a corsair RMx it crashed...
  5. Random crashing in certain games only help

Random crashing in certain games only help: Hi, I started having my pc crash when playing DX12 games like metro exodus and this other game called backroom break, My whole pc will shut down or restart itself as if the power is lost, I have switched out the power supply from the toughpower GX2 to a corsair RMx it crashed...
  6. Random crashing in certain games only help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why do things in my PC crash randomly, including Windows 10 itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do things in my PC crash randomly, including Windows 10 itself?: My PC randomly crashes without a reason, with most of the blue screens relating to memory, storage or other errors. My games would also randomly crash as well, even though it doesn't need much to run and my PC build is enough for gaming. I've factory reset my PC multiple...
  8. Why do things in my PC crash randomly, including Windows 10 itself?

Why do things in my PC crash randomly, including Windows 10 itself?: My PC randomly crashes without a reason, with most of the blue screens relating to memory, storage or other errors. My games would also randomly crash as well, even though it doesn't need much to run and my PC build is enough for gaming. I've factory reset my PC multiple...
  9. Why do things in my PC crash randomly, including Windows 10 itself?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Gaming pc randomly crashes when it should be able to handle what im playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming pc randomly crashes when it should be able to handle what im playing.: so I built my gaming pc about a year ago. it's not the best but it's pretty solid for most games. AMD Ryzen 7 5800xAMD Radeon Rx 6950 XT32gb Ramnever had any issues till lately when I try to play ga.es it will reboot then sometimes reboot again right after. the event log is...