Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop - Dell Inspiron n5521 Video Driver - AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver Automatic installed driver - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RanjeetSinghMK, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

Laptop -

Dell Inspiron n5521

Video Driver - AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

Automatic installed driver - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 26.20.12028.2

After automatic installation it fails with a Blue screen with error message THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

I have been manually removing video drivers using dism /Remove-Driver command.

Some times it starts failing with error something THREAD KILLED and it makes me reinstall the windows.

is there any solution to it, please help me.

:)

RanjeetSinghMK, Dec 7, 2020

2. AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics driver crashing

Hello,

I am using Dell inspiron N4050 laptop with Windows 10, in my laptop I have AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1GB graphic card, The issue is whenever I am trying to install the AMD Radon latest driver it is crashing and my laptop is showing blue screen and restarting again
    and again. Some of my blue screen error are "Atikmpag.sys" & "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I also attached the blue screen screen shot for your assistance. Please let me know a solution.

Thanks,

Soumya Mondal

SoumyaMondalm, Dec 7, 2020
  3. EthanDrew Win User
    How to install AMD Radeon HD 8330 graphics drivers

In the middle of being online, I got an error message saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER." I restarted and, upon doing research, discovered that the solution was to uninstall my graphics card drivers and reinstall them. The problem is, I cannot find
    a place where a driver download is available for my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 8330 graphics). Now, the deleting has limited me to only using one monitor and made my system overall more buggy. Can someone post a download
    link for AMD Radeon HD 8330 graphics drivers?

EthanDrew, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

Windows 10 crashing during Installation of AMD Radeon Drivers Installation and is also not in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the PC crash when trying to install AMD drivers. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “every attempt of reinstalling it causes the PC to crash”, do you receive a Blue Screen error?
    • What is the error message that you get?

I would suggest you to try downloading the AMD Auto-Detect software, which will automatically detect the graphics card and install the drivers. To download AMD Auto-Detect, visit the website
    https://www.amd.com/en/support and click on Download Now for Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows.

You can also try installing an older version of drivers from
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Tenforo, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

1. Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver - Similar Threads - crashing automatic video

2. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  3. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  4. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  5. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  6. Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450: I have been trying to play Minecraft and Overwatch however experience reoccurring issues with my graphics. I tend to get a large red "x" claiming that I have an issue with my graphics card. I went to check if it could be updated, only for it to claim it's already up-to-date....
  7. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  8. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  9. AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded: [ATTACH]I can't find a driver forAMD Radeon HD 7400M if there is a solution plz tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-hd-7400m-driver-not-founded/374a768e-af80-42a8-b303-91ab6e3b13d7
  10. Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10: Latest AMD Radeon Video Driver Released [img] Information Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Optional Release Date: March 26, 2018 Driver Version: 17.50.33.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15033.5003) AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link Release...