Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have come to my wits end on as to why my Windows 10 won't run without an internet connection. I came across a thread for this which was no help. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Derek Wentzel, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection

I have come to my wits end on as to why my Windows 10 won't run without an internet connection. I came across a thread for this which was no help. I have 4 desktops running the same version of 10 pro and 1 laptop running it. While a connection is made, windows allows me to work as needed and game with the kids. Programs and the systems run as normal. We turned off our internet service recently and for a few days (2 or 3 max) they ran just fine. All of them. Now...none of them last after startup for more than a few moments and windows crashes out to a black screen with a pointer that still works and moves but nothing happens. If I try to run a program in this short timeframe before it black screens it just sits and spins on the loading icon. The only thing consistent to run is task manager as I see the programs running yet they never load or appear. I have wifi and hard line connections on them all so I hotspotted them for internet and boom...they work and run fine again. When I disconnect it crashes again. Why is this? I have enabled and disabled the hardware to see if it was causing the issue. It was not. I am pretty sure I don't or should not need a connection to simply operate windows or my programs and games. Another issue is that if an internet connection is not established I lose my entire house local network. I can't access other computers or files on the local network. I have never had that issue with another version of windows. I have set up and used plenty of local networks without internet connection. Why with 10 does it have to have a connection? Am I missing something or a memo I didn't get? Need some answers so I don't go overboard and reinstall windows 7 instead as it was far easier to navigate and manipulate.

:)

Derek Wentzel, Oct 5, 2018

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 5, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection

1. Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Crashing Without Internet

2. Windows 10 Installation crashes on internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation crashes on internet connection: This is a thread ripper build, 128 gig corsair ram, 2 sli'd rtx 3070 gpu's 1300 watt evga power supplyAsus extreme alpha 2 mb. Windows kept crashing before finishing install. Initially I swapped to Msi motherboard, then to one lesser gpu, swapped ram, moved ram, really tried...
  3. Windows 10 Installation crashes on internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation crashes on internet connection: This is a thread ripper build, 128 gig corsair ram, 2 sli'd rtx 3070 gpu's 1300 watt evga power supplyAsus extreme alpha 2 mb. Windows kept crashing before finishing install. Initially I swapped to Msi motherboard, then to one lesser gpu, swapped ram, moved ram, really tried...
  4. Windows 10 Installation crashes on internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Without internet Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Without internet Windows 10: My Windows 10 shows connected, no internet and not working, I even tried it with the LAN cable, but it doesn't work with Wi-Fi. Please help. Tried resetting the network adapter, it didn't work either....
  6. Logging in without an internet connection

Logging in without an internet connection: So I recently changed my internet over, meaning my PC is not able to log in without a microsoft account, is there a way I can change my interney over to the new one, as I cannot find a way myself, everytime I press the network button that you would normally use to change over...
  7. Can’t log into windows 10 PC without internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t log into windows 10 PC without internet connection: I’ve bought a laptop for my daughter. I dont live with her mom and we don’t particularly get along - but i want her to be able to do school work on the laptop I also needed to block social media websites on the computer because shes 9 - Facebook, Twitter etc and...
  8. Windows Checked for Update without Internet Connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Checked for Update without Internet Connection?: Hello, I saw today that Windows 10 checked for an update and said I was “up to date” automatically even though it’s not connected to internet. It has no WiFi antenna and can only connect through Ethernet which I mostly leave unplugged. I’m curious if this is some kind of bug...
  9. Windows 10 Crashing when connected to internet

Windows 10 Crashing when connected to internet: Windows 10 is freezes whenever I connect to the internet. If I unplug the internet connection, it runs just fine, but as soon as I connect, either hard wire or wirelessly, it crashes and a blue screen comes with error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. System Configuration Processor:...
  10. Windows 10 version 1809 and WSUS without internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1809 and WSUS without internet connection: I've been building a test laboratory to try out Windows 10 version 1809 with Windows Server 2019 and I've come across an issue. When I configure the clients to connect to WSUS for updating, they won't connect and scan if they don't have an internet connection. I'm testing...