Windows 10: windows 10 create system image using usb stick

Discus and support windows 10 create system image using usb stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm unable to create a System Image to a USB stick (as a network location). I've set this up using instructions I found here (formatting USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vogleruk, Jul 30, 2018.

1. vogleruk Win User

windows 10 create system image using usb stick

Hello,

I'm unable to create a System Image to a USB stick (as a network location). I've set this up using instructions I found here (formatting USB stick to NTFS, changing permissions etc) and the backup wizard finds the path for the drive successfully. However when I enter 'network credentials' (variations of this, eg using the PC name in the path) I get an error message 'The specific network location cannot be used' with an error code 0x80070544.

Is there a trick I'm missing here? Do the network credentials I'm being prompted for relate to the PC (I'm using my username and login) or the USB stick (there are no network credentials here).

Is there anything else I can try to make this work?

Any ideas appreciated!

:)

vogleruk, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 30, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 30, 2018
  4. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 create system image using usb stick - Similar Threads - create system image

2. How do I create a system image when Windows says my USB stick is not valid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a system image when Windows says my USB stick is not valid?: I have a Windows 7 laptop that I've upgraded to Windows 10 it can't run Windows 11. I am trying to create a system image on a 512GB USB stick. After locating it, Windows says "The drive is not a valid backup location."That's all it says, so I don't know what the underlying...
  3. How do I create a system image when Windows says my USB stick is not valid?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I create a system image when Windows says my USB stick is not valid?: I have a Windows 7 laptop that I've upgraded to Windows 10 it can't run Windows 11. I am trying to create a system image on a 512GB USB stick. After locating it, Windows says "The drive is not a valid backup location."That's all it says, so I don't know what the underlying...
  4. USB stick for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB stick for System Image: I was just about to order a 256GB flash drive, when I took a look at the reviews. There are more than few complaints about them overheating, which causes (a) early total failure or (b) it disconnects before the end of a many-GB transfer. Sandisk seems to be one of the worst...
  5. Using the image from create a system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the image from create a system image.: I used the backup tool to "create a system image" I have it on a USB. How do I use it when I need it? I am envisioning a total failure of the system and having to start from boot up. But I would guess it can and will be a less catastrophic thing if I do get a failure. so how...
  6. Create System Image to USB

Create System Image to USB: Just got a new Dell PC with Windows 10 and I want ti create a disk image in case I need to restore my system to factory settings but do not see how I can do that to a USB drive and would appreciate your help....
  7. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  8. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  9. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use usb stick for windows 10 image

2. windows 10 create system image on usb stick