Windows 10: Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone

Discus and support Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wanted to save som pictures from my Android phone. Copied 2450 jpeg files from phone library and pasted into a folder on my PC desktop. Total copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oliver_M_300, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone

Wanted to save som pictures from my Android phone. Copied 2450 jpeg files from phone library and pasted into a folder on my PC desktop. Total copied size was 16.4GB for those 2450 files. Checked the PC folder and discovered that I had 2450 jpeg files, each 16.4GB in size. Making up totally 40TB. All jpeg pictures are unreadable. Windows has compressed all folders and files, the two blue arrows are visible. Unfortunatelly, I have deleted the files from the Android phone. Now I´m stuck with 2450 unreadable jpeg:s which I cannot de-compress due to the enormous file size. Is this possible to solve somehow?

:)

Oliver_M_300, Jul 10, 2019
  2. NOV
    Nov Win User

No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files

Brand: RazerModel: Razer

Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition)

Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes

Does this happen on other laptops? : No

Does this occur when using different cables? : Yes

Does this occur on both modes MTP and PTP? : Yes

What happened when the device is unplugged While attempting to transfer a file?:

An error occurs as if the file were transferring in the background unseen but, it isn't.
    It's been checked under task manager.
    Steps Taken:Deleted any and all drivers dealing with Android through Device Manager -> show hidden devices -> uninstalled drivers.

Used different usb type "c" cables.

Uninstalled and reinstalled one plus drivers,

Uninstalled drivers for mtp and reinstalled

Updated all drivers per laptop website

Ran sfc/scannow tools, no issues found

Ran disk clean up, cleared all and any temp file (ex: cache, cookies, java cache)

This issue has been found to be windows itself and not the device(s).

Please feel free to throw me suggestions after reading through what was done! *Biggrin

3. Ralph Sta Win User
    cannot transfere files between android and WIN10

Hi Mostafa,

Can you walk me through the steps on how are you trying to copy the files to your Windows 10 device. Based on your post, your android phone is showing on device manager. Can you verify if your android device is shown in File Explorer (On your keyboard, press
    Windows + E. Then, check if the device is shown).

If the android device is shown in File Explorer, you can manually copy the files to your Windows 10 device by following these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + E.
    2. Double click the file name of your android phone.
    3. Locate the folder where the files you want to transfer is stored.
    4. Highlight all the files you want to transfer.
    5. You can either press Ctrl + C (this will just copy the files and retain the copy on your phone), or press
      Ctrl + X (this will move the files from the phone to the Windows 10 device, this will delete the copy from he phone).
    6. Navigate through your Windows 10 device on where you want to store the files.
    7. Once your on the desired location, press Ctrl + V (this will paste the copied files to this location).

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone

1. Windows 10 creates enormous jpeg files during file transfer from Android phone - Similar Threads - creates enormous jpeg

2. Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android: I can capture video with audio in Windows desktop, but when I copy MP4 to Android, there is box warning that some features cannot be transferred. Video is fine on Android device, but there's no audio. How do I fix this. I'm using Win key plus G....
  3. Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android: I can capture video with audio in Windows desktop, but when I copy MP4 to Android, there is box warning that some features cannot be transferred. Video is fine on Android device, but there's no audio. How do I fix this. I'm using Win key plus G....
  4. When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...: I am trying to copy some files and games which are about 60 GB in size to my phone from my pc, but when I try to do it the copying starts and ends automatically midway through the process and when I check the copied items are 4.44 gb in size, I have copied the same files...
  5. When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...: I am trying to copy some files and games which are about 60 GB in size to my phone from my pc, but when I try to do it the copying starts and ends automatically midway through the process and when I check the copied items are 4.44 gb in size, I have copied the same files...
  6. Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer: When I connect my Xiaomi Poco F1 phone to my computer running Windows 10 Pro N and select "File Transfer" in my phone, I am expecting my phone storage to be accessible from computer, but it is not opening anything. >> In Device manager, my phone is listed as "POCO F1"...
  7. lost folder during transfer from android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost folder during transfer from android phone: I had a folder of photos that i had on my galaxy s10, i went to move them onto my laptop via a usb cable and the transfer never happened, the folder trnsferred but it is empty and the folder is no longer on my phone, any ideas on how to recover this folder...
  8. how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc: how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-my-phone-android-to-the/3bbbf178-9266-4080-a76a-f53a4364edb1
  9. Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone: i can not download music from my pc to android phone ***Original title: i can not download music from my pc to android phone*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-music-files-from-pc-to-android-phone/357b32a0-7548-4786-ac3c-3f32cfe3a227"
  10. No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

in Windows 10 Support
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.: Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files OS: Windows 10 Brand: RazerModel: Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition) Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes Does this happen on other...